Q. Is it possible to have heavy menstrual bleeding because of fibroid or peritoneal dialysis?

Dr. Richa Agarwal
Published on Nov 17, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 20, 2019

My wife, 46 years old is having constant menstrual bleeding for the past 15 to 20 days. Mostly mild and sometimes heavy and she is also doing peritoneal dialysis because of kidney failure. Gynecologist suggested for ultrasound and they found small submucosal fibroid and the doctor said no need to do anything. We are wondering whether bleeding more than normal is due to fibroid or PD dialysis. Any help is appreciated.

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have gone through your history and understand your concern. There are a few reasons of her symptoms. It could be due to hormonal imbalance caused by premenopausal stage and fibroid. As she is on dialysis, it could be due to dialysis also (because of anticoagulant use during dialysis). You can take Trapic tablet to stop bleeding and see your hemoglobin also.

Does taking Krimson cause heavy bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor,I have PCOS and I visited a dermatologist for acne and hirsutism profile. She suggested me Krimson 35 for 21 days and Aldactone 50 for three months. I am on my fourth day of my periods and my bleeding had reduced but when I consumed Krimson 35 before going to sleep my bleeding increased...  Read Full »

How to manage heavy menstrual flow?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from heavy menstrual flow for the past 1.5 years. Around six months, I had heavy flow with clots. Now, I have been menstruating for the past 20 days continuously with heavy flow and clots. My current medication includes capsule Gynae CVP, tablet Augmentin and caps...  Read Full »

Why is there accumulation of water in spite of stomach dialysis?

Query: Hello doctor, My sister is undergoing stomach dialysis treatment for the past one month. Now, she has developed water in the lungs. Due to that, there is breathlessness, no appetite, no sleep, water retention in feet, and stomach. The doctor has removed 1 liter of water from the lungs, but second d...  Read Full »