Q. Will taking Pause 500 help in controlling heavy periods flow?

Published on Mar 08, 2019

I am a 26-year-old, sexually inactive woman. My present weight is 77 kg and I have PCOD. Two months back, I tried a weight loss medication and my last period started on 12th, two months before. First I had spotting for 10 days and started bleeding heavily after that and it did not stop. I consulted a local gynecologist a month later to stop my bleeding and she suggested me Regestrone, 5 mg one tablet daily for 21 days. My bleeding stopped after having Registrone within six days. But unfortunately, I had missed Regestrone for three days and started bleeding again. On consulting my gynecologist again she prescribed me Regestrone 5 mg, two tablets daily for 21 days again to stop this bleeding and even suggested Pause 500 mg as SOS. It has been five days since I am taking Regestrone 5 mg, two tablets daily but my period has not stopped. Do you think my period will stop after taking Regestrone twice or do I need Pause 500?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The bleeding that started after missing Regestrone (Norethisterone) for three days is your withdrawal bleed where endometrial shed has started because you missed daily pills. Now, this endometrium cannot be repaired again by Regesterone once the bleeding has started. So just stop Regesterone tablets and start Pause MF tablet (Tranexamic acid and Mefenamic acid) 500/250 twice a day for the next five days. These are antifibrinolytics and shall help in reducing and further stopping the bleeding. Please increase your daily water intake to 3 to 4 liters as dehydration can further cause bleeding and weakness.

Once stopped, then you should be started on PCOD regimen for next three cycles from day three of your next menses to control your PCOD induced hormonal imbalance and anovulatory cycles which are often the causes of prolonged spotting and menorrhagia thereafter in PCOD untreated patients. Please follow up with your hormonal profile, thyroid profile, serum prolactin, and ultrasound pelvis to assess the severity of PCOD.

Does taking Krimson cause heavy bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor,I have PCOS and I visited a dermatologist for acne and hirsutism profile. She suggested me Krimson 35 for 21 days and Aldactone 50 for three months. I am on my fourth day of my periods and my bleeding had reduced but when I consumed Krimson 35 before going to sleep my bleeding increased...  Read Full >>

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Krimson is an Estrogen-Progesterone medicine. It requires some time to balance your hormones. Relax, do not worry about the bleeding until it is heavy like changing pads often like two hours. Instead, clitoris stimulation may have caused some mild uterine contraction, a...  Read Full

How can I control heavy bleeding during periods?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 25 years old married girl. This time, there is a heavy flow during my periods (nonstop bleeding) but there is no pain and no discomfort. Today is the second day of my periods. What should I do? It does not look like a normal period bleeding that I usually have.  Read Full >>

Dr. Keerthiha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. When was your previous period date? Did you check HPT (home pregnancy test)? If the flow is heavier, you can take tablet Trapic (Tranexamic acid) 500 mg 1-1-1 for three days. If not, reduce it by three days. Kindly consult a gynecologist in person. For more informat...  Read Full

I have been spotting for more than 15 days. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been spotting for more than 15 days without any pain. I had periods before 20 days, and it has not completely disappeared. I am married but had not had sex in the last two years. I had missing and irregular menstrual cycle once a year, but never like this. I had progesterone six ye...  Read Full >>

Dr. Aishwarya Parthasarathy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are spotting for the first time, then I suggest tablet Trapic (Tranexamic acid) thrice daily until bleeding stops. If it persists, then visit your nearest obstetrician and gynecologist and get an internal examination and pap smear. For further information consult...  Read Full