Q. Will taking Pause 500 help in controlling heavy periods flow?

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Heavy Bleeding or Norethisterone? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Will taking Pause 500 help in controlling heavy periods flow?

I am a 26-year-old, sexually inactive woman. My present weight is 77 kg and I have PCOD. Two months back, I tried a weight loss medication and my last period started on 12th, two months before. First I had spotting for 10 days and started bleeding heavily after that and it did not stop. I consulted a local gynecologist a month later to stop my bleeding and she suggested me Regestrone, 5 mg one tablet daily for 21 days. My bleeding stopped after having Registrone within six days. But unfortunately, I had missed Regestrone for three days and started bleeding again. On consulting my gynecologist again she prescribed me Regestrone 5 mg, two tablets daily for 21 days again to stop this bleeding and even suggested Pause 500 mg as SOS. It has been five days since I am taking Regestrone 5 mg, two tablets daily but my period has not stopped. Do you think my period will stop after taking Regestrone twice or do I need Pause 500?