Q. I am 5 feet 7 inch in height. Kindly advice me to reach the height above 5 feet 9 inch.

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 03, 2019 and last reviewed on: Dec 16, 2019

I am a 17-year-old. I am 5'7" in height and140 lbs weight. My dad is 5'9, and my mom is 5'1. I would like to at least reach 5'9 to 5'10. My diet is exceptional. I am taking a multivitamin, and I do not have any deficiencies. I am thinking of taking 1500 mg of Glucosamine because I read studies concluding that it may help a bit. Would you recommend glucosamine, or something else?

Also, do you think I can still reach my height goal? I am worried that I may have stunted my growth. I have had insomnia, depression, and anxiety for four years now. This has affected my life considerably, and I am worried I would not grow to my potential height because of it. I also have not been getting too much calcium and protein because I have been avoiding dairy products. Should I be drinking more milk and if so, how much?

#

Your average expected height is close to 5'6. Best way to help increase height is doing stretching exercises three to four times a week for 20 minutes in a 30 minutes session. You can try Glucosamine for a year but if it is not helping then taking it beyond that may not help. You can try Protein shakes, Calcium 800 to 1000 mg/d and Vitamin D 1000 to 2000 IU/d supplements to avoid the deficiencies. I hope it helps.

| 
1 out of 1 likes

Can knee and pelvic x-ray help to check, whether human growth hormone(HGH) will work for me?

Query: Dear Doctor, I have attached images of the latest x-ray imaging (attachment removed to protect user identity). I have taken this x-ray to determine my bone age, reason is that I had planned on using growth hormone therapy to help me grow taller. I was told that these bone age imaging of the wrist is...  Read Full »

How much does lack of exercise during growing years stunt growth?

Query: Hello doctor, How much does lack of exercise during growing years stunt growth? How many inches does it usually subtract from your adult height?  Read Full »