Q. Is it advisable to take Oasoft for arthritis?

My wife is taking Glycomet GP 2, one in the morning and one before dinner, to control her blood sugar. Now, she has developed arthritis. Is it advisable to take Oasoft two tablets twice daily? Which is the better medicine for RA?

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

She has probably osteoarthritis, not RA (rheumatoid arthritis).

Oasoft (Glucosamine) is given for osteoarthritis, especially knee. She can take one tablet two times a day.

The important is physiotherapy which can be practiced with the help of physiotherapists and weight loss to decrease stress over the joint. Also, she should use hot water fomentation, Diclofenac gel or spray whenever needed for pain. She can also use Capsaicin ointment if Diclofenac is not helpful, which is applied as a thin film two times a day. If the pain is still present, she can also use Tab Naproxen 250 mg whenever needed.

So you can get these prescribed, and visit orthopedician for the same. Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

| 

How can arthritis be confirmed?

Query: Hello doctor, Kindly confirm if I am arthritic from the available reports.  Read Full »

When can physiotherapy be started after bilateral hip replacement surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I had bilateral hip replacement surgery done recently. The right hip was replaced last month, and the left hip was replaced this month. Is it advisable to do physiotherapy now?  Read Full »