Q. My height is 141 cm and I wish to gain 3-4 inches. Please suggest.

Answered by
Dr. Vivek Chail
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 21, 2020

Hello doctor,

My father's height is 161 cm, mother's height is 152 cm, and my height is 141 cm. My birth weight 2.1 kg although I was born full-term. I had delayed growth since childhood and I attained puberty at the age of 15. No long term medication was taken. No illnesses since childhood, but crowded teeth and dental complications. I sometimes have headaches also.

I just started hanging exercise since two months for 30 seconds twice a day. I want to grow at least 3 inches and most 5 inches. I started the magnetic kit of acupressure three months ago but no difference yet. I will continue for a year at least. I do not have facial growth. I live in Central Africa. Is there any hope for three to four inches of height gain. I would appreciate any advice.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below.

If the general adult height in your race is lesser than the world average then it is difficult to expect a normal height. Also, your growth is delayed and therefore it might be slightly difficult for you. Anyways, you can still try natural methods.

However, you will continue to grow until you attain 21 years of age. The bones stop growing at this age.

Please continue taking a healthy and nutritious meal of 1800 kcal daily and also take vitamin supplements. Include rich sources of protein like fruits, vegetables, and boiled eggs to give you required daily vitamins and minerals.

Physical exercises help many people and you can extend your hanging exercises to about two to five minutes. You can play basketball and do jumping exercises with skipping rope.

If you are still not 21 years then you can consult an endocrinologist and get examined and take medical treatment for increasing growth.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
My height is 141 cm and I wish to gain 3-4 inches. Please suggest.

My birth weight 21 kg although I was born full-term ...   Read full

What exercise precautions are needed for someone who is not on blood thinners?

.. like to know the age of your patient and whether he is hypertensive. I would advise you to ask your patient to avoid any exercise that would result in an impact e.g. jumping, boxing, or exercises involving the use of weights or resistance bands. T...   Read full

Can knee and pelvic x-ray help to check, whether human growth hormone(HGH) will work for me?

Hi doctor,I am 28 years old. I have a habit of watching porn. To me, I see it as real. I feel low and regret for my activity.   Read full


This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Sporting Events During the Pandemic
If you are into any sporting event and plan a trip to an outdoor or indoor stadium, or you are an organizer or an athlet...  Read more»
Can viral fever lead to Parkinson's disease?
Hello doctor,I had a viral fever six years back. I had a very high temperature of 105, bad cough, also hallucinations. I...  Read more»
Parkinson's Disease: Historical Aspects and Current Treatment Approaches
This article discusses the historical aspects of Parkinsonism and, the evidence based approaches currently available for...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Endocrinologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.