Q. My height is 141 cm and I wish to gain 3-4 inches. Please suggest.

Dr. Vivek Chail

My father's height is 161 cm, mother's height is 152 cm, and my height is 141 cm. My birth weight 2.1 kg although I was born full-term. I had delayed growth since childhood and I attained puberty at the age of 15. No long term medication was taken. No illnesses since childhood, but crowded teeth and dental complications. I sometimes have headaches also.

I just started hanging exercise since two months for 30 seconds twice a day. I want to grow at least 3 inches and most 5 inches. I started the magnetic kit of acupressure three months ago but no difference yet. I will continue for a year at least. I do not have facial growth. I live in Central Africa. Is there any hope for three to four inches of height gain. I would appreciate any advice.

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiodiagnosis Radiology
#

I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below.

If the general adult height in your race is lesser than the world average then it is difficult to expect a normal height. Also, your growth is delayed and therefore it might be slightly difficult for you. Anyways, you can still try natural methods.

However, you will continue to grow until you attain 21 years of age. The bones stop growing at this age.

Please continue taking a healthy and nutritious meal of 1800 kcal daily and also take vitamin supplements. Include rich sources of protein like fruits, vegetables, and boiled eggs to give you required daily vitamins and minerals.

Physical exercises help many people and you can extend your hanging exercises to about two to five minutes. You can play basketball and do jumping exercises with skipping rope.

If you are still not 21 years then you can consult an endocrinologist and get examined and take medical treatment for increasing growth.

| 

Can a child's height be increased with protein powder?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a son and a daughter. My height is 5.7 and wife is 5.1. I am extremely worried about my children height as we are short. My daughter is now 3 years 10 months old and have 14.5 kg weight and 38 inches tall. She had seizure thrice and taking some sodium liquid medicine for the past th...  Read Full »

Can exercise help premature ejaculation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old married male. I have premature ejaculation problem. What are the ways for me to overcome it? Will exercises or workout help in overcoming it? Can you suggest me ways to overcome it?  Read Full »

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full »

Ask an Endocrinologist Now