Q. Will exercise help in overcoming premature ejaculation?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 20, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

I am a 29 year old married male. I have premature ejaculation problem. What are the ways for me to overcome it? Will exercises or workout help in overcoming it? Can you suggest me ways to overcome it?

#

Premature ejaculation in most individuals occurs because of associated anxiety, psychological reasons, and hyperexcitation. Relaxation and treatment of anxiety result in improvement in most individuals. The first thing you have to understand that it is normal to ejaculation earlier when even an individual start engaging in sexual intercourse.

This occurs because of a poor experience, anxiety, and restlessness. Lack of confidence is also a reason for early discharge. So accept that even if you are ejaculating earlier even then there is no weakness in you. This is a normal thing, and you should not lose confidence for that.Distraction during sex is one method to delay the time. Try to distract yourself during sex and immediately just before ejaculation, try to withdraw the penis and then again insert it. This will help in delaying the time.

Use of Lignocaine jelly over the tip of penis reduces the sensitivity of the penis, and this helps to delay the time. This can be tried. If that does not help, then you can think of using medicines. Dapoxetine is commonly used to improve the time. The drug is taken about one hour before sex helps to delay the time. The drug is safe to use, does not cause any serious side effects and can be used when needed.

You can discuss with a psychiatrist for prescription of this drug. Thanks and take care. Hope this helps you.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

| 

I like to masturbate, but not sex. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old. I have been married for 3.5 years now. I hardly feel to have sex with my wife. Sometimes, the gap will be more than a month. I masturbate almost on a daily basis and sometimes, twice or thrice in a day after watching porn. I am somehow addicted to it and not able to st...  Read Full »

What Is Premature Ejaculation?

Article Overview: A huge percentage of young men ejaculate within a few seconds or with minimal strokes during sexual intercourse. It is very stressful for both partners when this happens, and it can even lead to marital disharmony and discord. This is the most common male sexual problem. Fortunately, it can be overcome and even treated. Read Article

Dr. Poosha Darbha
Sexologist

Premature ejaculation (rapid climax within seconds) is common. It is natural in people with an overly sensitive penis, but it is distressing and disappointing for the couple. To overcome the problem naturally, one needs to understand how exactly it happens and learn how to stop it. It is somewhat li...  Read Article

Please suggest a medicine, which can cure erection problems and low libido.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old male, who has schizophrenia and depression from the last 12 years. My current problem is low libido and erection-related issues. I do not wish to take any medicine like Viagra or other similar medicines. Please suggest a medicine which can cure my problem. I also need...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»