Q. Will exercise help in overcoming premature ejaculation?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 20, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

I am a 29 year old married male. I have premature ejaculation problem. What are the ways for me to overcome it? Will exercises or workout help in overcoming it? Can you suggest me ways to overcome it?

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

Premature ejaculation in most individuals occurs because of associated anxiety, psychological reasons, and hyperexcitation. Relaxation and treatment of anxiety result in improvement in most individuals. The first thing you have to understand that it is normal to ejaculation earlier when even an individual start engaging in sexual intercourse.

This occurs because of a poor experience, anxiety, and restlessness. Lack of confidence is also a reason for early discharge. So accept that even if you are ejaculating earlier even then there is no weakness in you. This is a normal thing, and you should not lose confidence for that.Distraction during sex is one method to delay the time. Try to distract yourself during sex and immediately just before ejaculation, try to withdraw the penis and then again insert it. This will help in delaying the time.

Use of Lignocaine jelly over the tip of penis reduces the sensitivity of the penis, and this helps to delay the time. This can be tried. If that does not help, then you can think of using medicines. Dapoxetine is commonly used to improve the time. The drug is taken about one hour before sex helps to delay the time. The drug is safe to use, does not cause any serious side effects and can be used when needed.

You can discuss with a psychiatrist for prescription of this drug. Thanks and take care. Hope this helps you.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|