Q. Can a gay impregnate his wife?

Published on Feb 19, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jul 13, 2019

I am a gay, married to a woman and had sex with my wife. My question is can my sperms impregnate my wife? If it happens, my children will be straight or gay?

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

Yes, even if you have homosexual orientation even then you will be able to make your wife pregnant. No need to worry for that provided your sperms count is normal.

Homosexuality does not have direct genetic inheritance. So, no need to get worried for that too.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Is repetition of image popping into mind a symptom of OCD?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I am scared of turning into a gay or homosexual. In the past, I had senseless and intrusive images popping in my head that I am kissing a guy whenever I used to be with my male friends. I never felt an attraction towards any guy. It happened six years before, but ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After analyzing your current complaint and taking into consideration your previous history, I am of the opinion that your current symptom is also a symptom of Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). An obsession is an automatic, repetitive, intrusive and senseless thought...  Read Full

How to increase sperm count?

Query: Hi doctor,My semen result is as follows: Volume 2 mL, pearly white in color and viscous, 30 minutes liquefaction time, 20 millions/mL sperm count, 45% motility, normal morphology 70% and abnormal morphology 30%. Is there any issue with my semen report? Is there any abnormality that will lead to prob...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your semen analysis report is normal and in my opinion, there is no need to worry. The sperm count is 20 million/mL, which though is low, but in the normal range. Morphology, motility and liquefaction time are also normal. I do not find this report has any issue in ge...  Read Full

When I shave, people say I look homosexual. Is there any solution for this?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 20 year old male. People say I look like gay when I shave. Dealing with it is tough. Is there any reason or solution to this?  Read Full >>

Dr. Surabhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would have been better if you had included a little more information about your problems. Anyways, are there other reasons as to why people believe that you are gay like mannerisms, type of clothes you wear, etc. Sometimes, one's own suppressed homosexuality is also ...  Read Full

Ask a Sexologist Now