Hematospermia

What causes blood in ejaculated semen?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53-year-old male with no previous medical history. For the past two years, I observed my semen to be slightly pinkish in color (now I realized it was due to traces of blood) but I did not pay much attention. Since the last two to three months, I have been seeing blood in my eja...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition you described is known as hematospermia which means blood in semen. Although, it is considered a benign symptom in men but if for any person above 40 years of age the possibility of carcinoma should be ruled out. In two-third of the cases, no cause is ...  Read Full »

Why is my sperm brown?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old male. Two weeks ago, I noticed that my semen was brownish. Again yesterday and today, it is the same reddish-brown, and I think it is more watery than usual. I do not have any other symptoms. I do have a varicocele, but I do not think this condition is related to varic...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep P

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reddish-brown color of the semen indicates a condition called hematospermia. The most common cause for this condition is idiopathic inflammation of the prostate or seminal vesicles. Do you have any feeling of dysuria (difficulty in urination or painful urination) or...  Read Full »