Hemorrhagic Cyst

I was advised surgery for ovarian cyst. What are the side effects?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23 years old. I have ovarian cyst for the last two years. I have taken medicine (Norgest) but no improvement. I have to do all the tests (blood test, CA125, MRI, ultrasound, thyroid, urine, etc. According to my last report (three months ago), my ovarian cyst size is 42.10*34.82*3...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, you have a right hemorrhagic ovarian cyst, and paraovarian right sided cyst more than 5 cm which increased to this size in one year and surgery advised. This paraovarian cyst (hydatid of Morgagni) epithelium-lined fluid-filled cyst in adnexa adjac...  Read Full »

Can a Depo shot cause side effects of uterine fibroid with hemorrhagic cyst?

Query: Hi doctor, Last month, I was given a Depo shot to stop intermenstrual bleeding that started before six months after Provera tablets did not work. Unable to do a pap smear because of the bleeding. Transvaginal Ultrasound revealed tiny (1x1.3cm) uterine fibroid, three hemorrhagic cysts, and a heterog...  Read Full »

Dr. Sree Gouri Sr

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your description, the possibilities are hormonal imbalance leading to thickened endometrium and menstrual irregularities. If there is any possibility of pregnancy, please go for a urine pregnancy test on...  Read Full »

Do ovarian cysts cause pain during pregnancy?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am 30 years old. I am currently 8 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I went for an ultrasound at 5 weeks and there was a gestational sac and a yolk sac. However, I also had a 2 cm luteal cyst on my right ovary and what looked like a hemorrhagic cyst of 3 cm on my left ovary. I asked about it...  Read Full »

Dr. Garima Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Both the cysts one of 2 cm and other of 3 cm, and one luteal cyst and one hemorrhagic cyst respectively are insignificant and has no concern with cancer at this size. On and off pain during pregnancy do happen but this cannot be ignored if it is very severe. You had y...  Read Full »

How can we treat cyst in the ovary?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 40 years female. I have a cyst with echoes in the right ovary measuring 53 x 52 mm found during ultrasound. What to do? I am taking tablet Thyronorm 150 mg.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The cyst in the right ovary is found with thick walls and shows internal echoes, with size more than 4 mm. Ideally, the differentiation is needed to be done to know whether it is endom...  Read Full »

Can a right ovarian cyst cause pain in the left pelvic area?

Query: Hi doctor, I have polycystic ovary syndrome and my periods get delayed sometimes. From the past four days, I am having pain in my left pelvic area. I got an ultrasound done, and it shows 4.5 cm cyst in my right ovary. Why am I having pain on my left side when the cyst is on the right? Could this p...  Read Full »

Dr. Garima Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pain that you are experiencing is not due to the ovarian cyst, as the cyst is on the right side and pain is on the left side. This pain might be caused by an infection or any other pathology. So, I suggest you repeat an ultrasound of the pelvis if the pain is sever...  Read Full »

Can a hemorrhagic cyst in the right ovary cause pain in the left pelvic area?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in my left pelvic area, which gets better after taking Meftal Spas. I got an ultrasound done, which revealed a 5 cm hemorrhagic cyst in my right ovary. My period is also delayed. Is this cyst regular or an endometriosis cyst? Is this pain related to the cyst? What should I d...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you are fine and only need very few changes. Let me tell you the problems one by one followed by what to do. Your cyst is just a hemorrhagic or corpus luteum cyst. After ovulation, the r...  Read Full »

Can a small thin-walled hemorrhagic cyst turn cancerous?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 48 years old presented with symptoms of vomiting, acidity, bloating, and headache. She is in a perimenopausal phase. She visited a gynecologist and went for a pelvic ultrasound. The reports show that she is having a small thin-walled hemorrhagic cyst with internal echoes ...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It would be better for me to have your mother's obstetrics, gynecological, medical, surgical and drug present and past history as I could be able to correlate symptoms. If she has been tr...  Read Full »