I am a 21 year old female who has over the last few days suddenly developed very painful hemorrhoids. I have difficulty in passing stools. How can I treat this at home as I am isolating.
Greetings, Welcome to icliniq.com.
I hope you are well and healthy. I will be assisting you today. I understand your concern with hemorrhoids. Since you are isolated my first advice is: do not stay seat for a long time (do not stay in position that get to much pression in the anal area), walk in the house.
> Other things that can help with hemorrhoids are:
1. Increased insoluble fiber intake (can help: plums, kiwis, pears, beans, whole grains).
2. Drink 6-8 glasses of water daily to modify stool form and firmness.
3. Stool softeners or low-dose laxative therapy can be used if fiber and fluid provide insufficient improvement in stool form and firmness.
4. Consider behavior modifications including avoidance of straining and prolonged time on the toilet (avoid straining and reading while on toilet)
5. Good perianal hygiene which can be facilitated by warm Sitz baths once or twice a day.
6. Increasing exercise, always if your general health allowed it. In case that despite all of this advices you will not improve than it will help to use some topical treatments (local anesthetic ointment, mild astringents such as witch hazel, and Corticosteroid cream).
Do not use in long-term corticosteroid because it may cause thinning of perianal skin. The best solution is to do a visit to a doctor but since you are isolated please let me know if you have further questions and how will be your health. I hope this answer it was helpful Best Regards.
Was this answer helpful?|
Query: Hello doctor, I am having an anal fissure for the last three weeks. I took Paracetamol 500 mg, Cremagel ointment, and Lignocaine gel. How to heal the anal fissure? Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, I got on an airplane and started having stomach pain. When I landed I used the restroom but could not empty my bowels. I then drove for two hours and had terrible stomach pain. I then used the restroom and was able to terminate a little but it was not a normal amount. I continued to ... Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, I had rough sex recently and it caused a tear in my vagina. When I use a mirror to examine myself I can see some of the cuts. It is near the entrance of my vaginal canal but not inside, positioned more towards my perineum. It has been healing for two days now and still really hurts. I... Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a General Practitioner Now