Q. As I take stools out manually during constipation, I feel pain in anal area. Is it serious?

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

I used to have constipation issues last year, and recently, in the last two weeks, it gets fixed. But I think I have little wounds appearing, that is my assumption. I am taking soft stool from last week. While taking out stool, I feel a slight pain in that area. Is it serious? Please advice.

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterology Surgical Gastroenterology
#

I can understand your concern for symptoms.

1) Never attempt to take out stool. Insted it is advisable to use stool softener or laxatives.

2) The habit of taking stool out and constipation can develop anal fissure which is small tear on inner wall of lower part of anal canal.

Constipation, manual removal of the stool.

Proctoscopy, rectal examination.

Anal fissure.

Stool softener or laxative,
Analgesics for anal pain,
Anesthetic medication ointment for local application.

| 

Does constipation cause burning sensation in anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a burning sensation in anus after bowel movements for past one week. There is no blood discharge and poop was soft. I avoid eating spicy foods. The burning sensation lasts for hours.  Read Full »

How can anal fissure be treated?

Query: Hello doctor,Six months ago, I faced anal fissure problem, which resolved through diet and medicine. One month ago due to constipation, bleeding started during the passing of stool. Now one inner hemorrhoid has protruded about 0.3 inches in size in the anal area. This creates pain for six hours afte...  Read Full »

I am having itching and infected skin between anus and genital area. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have got some itching and infected skin in-between anus and genital area. It started more than a year ago near the anus and it is increasing its area slowly. White dry dead skin comes at the surface of the infected area when not lubricated. I thought it will heal in some time by app...  Read Full »