Q. Can I take Tenofovir or Entecavir for my hepatitis B?

I was diagnosed with hepatitis B about a year and a half ago. Can I take Tenofovir or Entecavir for it? Are there any antiviral prescriptions for me? The associated symptoms are extreme fatigue and dizziness.

#

You have been diagnosed with hepatitis B around one and a half years ago. Now, you have to repeat HBsAg, ELISA testing to check whether you are HBsAg positive. If still HBsAg is positive, then you can be a carrier of it.

Further tests need to be done as follows:

1. HBsAg test.
  2. SGOT (aspartate aminotransferase) estimation.
  3. SGPT (alanine aminotransferase) estimation.
  4. HBV DNA by PCV (polymerase chain reaction).

According to these reports, further management can be done. There is no need of antiviral drug for HBsAg positive without active phase. Revert back after doing these tests.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

|