Q. My husband was diagnosed with hepatitis B. How to proceed further?

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

My husband was diagnosed with hepatitis B. What will I do now?

#

• When someone has hepatitis B, first we need to know about the status of liver and then we can plan for the treatment.
  • Do anti-HBc IgM, HBeAg, Anti-HBe, HBV DANA quantification, LFT (liver function test), CBC (complete blood count) and AFP (alpha-fetoprotein), ultrasound upper abdomen and urine routine and microscopic examination.
  • Screening for family members also indicated. For family members, do HBsAg and Anti-HBc total. Review back with reports.

For further information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|