Hernia Mesh

How to replace the displaced abdominal organs in my mother after gallbladder surgery?

Query: Hi doctor,My mother underwent surgery on the gallbladder due to some issues in it. The doctor told us that she cannot undergo surgery unless she loses weight. She went back home and again one of the doctors said that she can have the operation. The operation went well until my mother noticed about h...  Read Full »

Dr. Nasir

Pain Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. During the operation of the gallbladder, the muscles of the abdomen can be damaged or it can be relaxed. When the abdominal muscles are relaxed, they are not able to contain the organs and the momentum inside the abdomen. When we apply strain, these abdominal organs and...  Read Full »

How long does it take for tissues to grow into the mesh after hernia surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, My questions are related to da Vinci bilateral hernia repair with mesh. How long does it take for the tissues to completely grow into the mesh? What is the time window for rejection of the mesh after the surgery? What is the time window for developing infection after the surgery? Plea...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hernia surgery can be done with two approaches, open surgery or minimal access surgery. The minimal access approach includes either conventional laparoscopic surgery or robotic surgery. Healing allows fibrosis to occur in the surgery area and the extent of fibrosis is ...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in my inguinal hernia repair site?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 45-year-old active athletic female. I had inguinal hernia repair with no mesh six months ago. Recently during exercise, I noted a similar pain in the same exact area. If it is a recurrence, what happens next? Is there another surgery? It has only been six months.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Goel

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I believe you had a mesh-free hernia surgery done six months ago. Now you have developed pain at the same site. I would need a few details before I can help you. Where was a hernia that is inguinal/femoral/lumbar? Was the surgery done by a hernia specialist?...  Read Full »

I have pain in the inguinal hernia surgery wound. Is re-surgery necessary?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a right inguinal hernia surgery, four years back. But still, I have troubles in the surgery wound, especially when I am involved in harder or longer physical activities. I also get hurt if lying down on the side of the surgery. The doctor advised me to get a CT scan, but as I had i...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I went through your post. Let me tell you something about hernias.By definition, a hernia means protrusion of abdominal contents through a weak abdominal wall. If your hernia was operated, then it means the contents were returned to abdomen.The best thing for you would...  Read Full »

Can inguinal hernias lower testosterone levels and decrease ejaculate volume?

Query: Hello doctor, While having sex with my wife six months ago, I had a severe pain in my stomach, which seemed to have originated from my testicles. The pain has never happened again. I live a pretty much normal day to day life. Since then, I have noticed a decrease in semen volume considerably. Now, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aastha Midha Likhyani

General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be epididymo-orchitis or simply orchitis. I suggest getting an ultrasound of the abdomen and scrotum. Follow-up with the reports. Revert with more information to a general surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-surgeon  Read Full »

I had an incisional hernia fix a month back, and now the incision is draining pus. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have had seven abdominal surgeries, namely gastric bypass, laparoscopic cholecystectomy, exploratory laparoscopy, panniculectomy, ventral hernia repair, mesh removal from hernia repair with exploratory laparoscopy, and recently open epigastric incisional hernia fix a month back. Imme...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very unfortunate that you had to go through all that. After reviewing the information shared and your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears you are suffering from surgical site infection. Following are the possibilities: Infection a...  Read Full »