Q. I always get cold sores on the left side of my lower lips. What to do?

I have been getting cold sores for years now, and they are always in the same place on the left side of my lower lip. Two weeks ago, I just got over a cold sore, and about two days ago, a red bump appeared on my skin, which attaches a little bit at the edge the corner of my mouth. So, I decided to try and pop it, but it was not ready at all, so it became infected and open. I have attached a picture of the sore. I have no idea if it is actually just a pimple healing or angular cheilitis or a cold sore.

#

I have read your concern and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It seems you have developed infected herpes labialis. I suggest you try using the following:
  1. 5 % Acyclovir ointment, twice daily.
  2. Mupirocin ointment, twice daily.
  3. Tablet Acyclovir 400 mg, thrice daily for five days.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|