Q. I always get cold sores on the left side of my lower lips. What to do?

I have been getting cold sores for years now, and they are always in the same place on the left side of my lower lip. Two weeks ago, I just got over a cold sore, and about two days ago, a red bump appeared on my skin, which attaches a little bit at the edge the corner of my mouth. So, I decided to try and pop it, but it was not ready at all, so it became infected and open. I have attached a picture of the sore. I have no idea if it is actually just a pimple healing or angular cheilitis or a cold sore.

#

I have read your concern and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It seems you have developed infected herpes labialis. I suggest you try using the following:
  1. 5 % Acyclovir ointment, twice daily.
  2. Mupirocin ointment, twice daily.
  3. Tablet Acyclovir 400 mg, thrice daily for five days.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Post herpes attack, I am suffering from Bells's palsy. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, Post a severe attack of herpes on the left shoulder, left ear (in and out), chest, and back I am now suffering from Bell's palsy on the left side. Symptoms are as follows: Cannot raise left eyebrow. Cannot tighten left nostril. Cannot move lips (left side). Left eye constantly w...  Read Full »

What Can Cause Sudden Tingling And Itchy Sensation?

Query: Hi doctor, Two months ago I started feeling tingling and itching sensation between my thighs and then up to my chest. I just took the most painful shower ever (warm water). It stung and I wanted to scratch my skin off. At first there was nothing visible, just itching, now you can see red dots here...  Read Full »

Is the OraQuick HIV home testing really accurate?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a male who had unprotected intercourse two days ago with a female who had tested negative on Oralquick two months ago. Turns out she has been quite active and I am debating on doing PEP. I can see her on Tuesday and she said will take another test but that will be 96 hours. I can s...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»