Q. I have rash on penis weeks after handjob. Is it genital herpes?

Published on Jun 26, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 30, 2019

I think I have herpes. About eight weeks ago I had a handjob in a massage parlor. There was no intercourse nor kissing. She was only wearing her pants. She climbed on top of me and rubbed her whole body against me (although her pants were on). That was it. She did not do anything else. After few weeks I had swollen armpit with some fluid coming out of it. I have a little rash on my penis. Do I have genital herpes? I am really really worried. I am also feeling a little feverish and sore throat.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

Your mentioned symptoms are not consistent with herpes. You please upload the picture of penile rash. The typical symptoms of herpes include fluid-filled vesicles over the penis or nearby area which are painful. A just simple rash may be a fungal infection like candida. You may apply Candid (Clotrimazole and Betamethasone) ointment to it two times a day.

Genital herpes usually does not cause armpit swelling. It can be a folliculitis. If arm swelling is still present, upload its picture as well.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Are they always painful? Because I have a few pimples like bumps in my penis which are painless are supposedly new and all of a sudden I have three swollen areas in the armpits out which one gave out a fluid. I have attached the pimples and swollen armpit which might not be very clear.

#

Yes, in 98 percent cases there will be a pain. The lesion does not appear like herpes (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Armpit lesion is not at all herpes.

Regarding penile lesion, they just look like pimples, not like herpetic lesion which are water filled. Since when these lesions are there? Are these painful or painless. If painless then further less chance of it being herpes. Can you upload some more pics of a penile lesion, closer and from different angles? It is not very clear from the picture whether they are water filled or solid. If solid then again less likely to be herpes.

Apply Neosporin powder to armpit lesions, and capsule Amoxyclav (Amoxycillin and Clavulanic acid) 625 mg three times a day for five days along with antacids like tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg before breakfast once a day for five days.

I will surely send it. What I want to ask is regarding the first question assuming that the lady has herpes what are my chances of contracting it. Is it highly likely or not?

#

No, it is not likely. Only lesions which are active will transmit the infection, meaning if she is fluid-filled vesicles and rash, it will transmit. Or else, you need to have sexual intercourse which will transmit the infection. During sex, an infection may be transmitted even if she has no visible rash. But, you did not have sex and just body contact which is less likely to transmit.

This morning I noticed a painful blister-like structure below my anus (which I cannot see but feel). Can there be any other reason for it or should I get myself tested immediately?

#

If painful blisters are there then certainly you should get yourself tested. You can take a snapshot of the lesions if you cannot see it. If vesicular lesions are there then you should get HSV PCR done from the sample from the lesion. Blood may give suggestions regarding the infection but will not confirm the active infection. You will also have to have Acyclovir tablet if painful vesicular lesions are there as they are highly suggestive of herpes infection.

I have attached a photo of the rash type situation below the anus. Please guide me.

#

Yes, seen it (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is likely a herpetic lesion. Although the image is not very clear but appears to be vesicles and herpes.

Here are some more photos of the rash for you to confirm the same.

#

It looks like herpes only. While giving samples, make sure you give from the lesion only. All the best.

Can masturbating using saliva cause herpes?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had this sore on my lip for a week now. It is drying up but before it was drying I masturbated using my saliva and touched the sore. For certain reasons I am aware, this sore could be herpes. My question is could I have passed it to my genitals by touching and rubbing my penis.  Read Full »

Can herpes cause feet neuropathy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have developed feet neuropathy, primarily the right foot from the past one year. The symptoms went away six months back but returned a month back (burning, tingling, etc). I suffer from high blood pressure and anxiety. The neurologists could not find the cause after all tests. I tes...  Read Full »

Shingles (Herpes Zoster): Symptoms, Vaccine, and Management

Article Overview: This article talks about shingles, a viral infection, how it is caused, its symptoms, and how it can be prevented. Read Article

Dr. Vasantha K S

Shingles also called as herpes zoster, is an infection of the nerve caused by varicella-zoster virus, the same virus which causes chickenpox. When the virus first attacks a person, it manifests as chickenpox. After the chickenpox infection has run its course, the virus stays dormant (passive) in the...  Read Article