HomeAnswersDermatologycircumcision of penisAre the fleshy masses around my penis genital warts?

What could these fleshy-looking masses near the area of circumcision be?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At December 22, 2017
Reviewed AtFebruary 20, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I was diagnosed with a genital wart a few months ago. This wart looked like a dark brown flat mole with a lesion next to it. It was located in the middle and underside of my penis. The dermatologist removed the wart.

Recently, I noticed a few fleshy-looking masses near the area of circumcision. I am not sure if these masses were always there or if they were genital warts, or if they were just a side effect of the Aldara cream I used for my diagnosed wart. Please note that the Aldara cream caused a rash on my scrotum and other areas of my penis. However, the rash is completely gone, with the possible exception of the spot near my circumcision. In addition to the fleshy masses, it looks like there are areas where the skin has silver streaks, as if the skin has pulped too tightly. I would like to submit a picture to understand what these fleshy masses are. Are they genital warts? Are they skin tags? Are they an effect of the Aldara cream?


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have reviewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Kindly send a good-quality image.

Secondly, can you please tell me which genital warts were removed by which procedure?

Patient's Query

Thank you, doctor,

The genital wart was removed with cryotherapy. I have attached three images below.


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

I have reviewed the clinical photographs attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are not genital warts. They are basically post-circumcision scars. It is just a normal skin rugosity. There is no need to worry.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Thakare Sampada Avinash
Dr. Thakare Sampada Avinash


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy