Q. Why is my blood pressure increasing even after taking Tylenol?

Answered by Dr. Parth R Goswami and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
Do you have a question on High Blood Pressure or Hypertension? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am having high blood pressure since my ER visit, five days back. I have been taking Tylenol, as per the ER discharge notes, and gradually getting worse since then. My blood pressure was 149/91 mmHg before, and now it is 154/91 mmHg after the visit. I keep having to catch deeper breaths just to breathe. I feel dizzy and have major headaches, that gradually comes and gets intense. I feel very fatigued, even after sleeping long enough. And I pass out for few seconds and come back again. I also take Synthroid for my thyroid problem.