Q. Kindly advise on the dose of Levothyroxine as I had a severe reaction for Nature-Thyroid?

Answered by Dr. Deep Dutta and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Levothyroxine or Missed A Dose? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I was switched to Nature-Throid. Within nine days, I had a severe reaction. It caused panic attacks at night, waking up in sweat and insomnia. Then, my naturopath took me off and said to go back to my Levothyroxine. I take 88 mcg daily and 25 mcg once a week. I just realized that I forgot to take the 25 mcg dose since stopping the Nature-Throid. I am just now stabilizing my sleep again and I am still waking up once at night panicking and overheated. I have next appointment after a week. Should I just wait until I see her or should I take missed once weekly 25 mcg dose?