Q. I am concerned about dark urine and burning sensation. Please help.

Dr. Vivekanandan G
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 29, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 10, 2020

Every month I am getting some burning sensation and my urine is very dark that time. Also, I get body ache and slight fever. Now from yesterday I am having the same problem. I assumed it as when my water intake is reduced I get this problem and started drinking more water. Is this the reason or anything to be concerned? Thank you.

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrology Urology
#

• Whenever you do not take enough water or when you eat meat, your urine becomes concentrated. That is the reason for dark color of urine and burning sensation.
  • If it is due to urinary tract infection, it will be persistent and become worse with passage of time. So, no need to worry.
  • Just drink couple of extra glasses of water, it usually resolves.

For further information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

| 

Is it a must to completely stop meat? Please tell me which food item to avoid.

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrology Urology
#

• It is not necessary to completely avoid, but it is better to cut down to one for two servings per week.
  • Try to reduce your salt intake.

| 

Over 10 years I have problem of constipation. Because of which I have stomach bloating every now and then. We had a family wedding last week and now again I am going through the same problem. In spite of drinking so much water still I face the problem. Is there any home remedy or medical advice?

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrology Urology
#

• To avoid constipation, it is very important to consume lot of fiber rich diet like greens, vegetables and fruits. Try to cut down meat intake.
  • You can also take almond oil two teaspoons mixed with half glass warm milk at night.
  • If all these measures do not benefit then you can take bulk laxative like Lactulose syrup every night 15 mL at bedtime. Hope you find this useful.

For further doubts consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

| 

I am very much into non-vegetarian food and have never eaten much of vegetables. Can I take almond oil in warm water instead of milk? Thank you for your help and advice.

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrology Urology
#

• Yes, you can take almond oil with water. But, it will be unpalatable and that is the problem.

| 

Can constipation be related to high sugar levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53-year-old female. I had gestational diabetes and 11 years later my sugar levels were high so started taking Glycomet. However, the fasting sugar level in the morning is always high and PP is less than fasting. Recent HbA1c is 6.9. Do I have to continue medicine? I walk daily ...  Read Full »

Antibiotics for urinary tract infection treatment

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from urinary tract infection. I get these once in every couple of years. I need to get an antibiotic to get rid of it. Please help.  Read Full »

Why do I get the feeling of emptying my bowel whenever I go out?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. My weight is 63 kg. I have masturbation habit for 6 years. My stomach gets bloated and there is gas formation. I also have tiredness and diarrhea. I have to apply pressure for passing urine and stools. I get the feeling of emptying my bowel whenever I got to go out ...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now