Q. I am concerned about dark urine and burning sensation. Please help.

Dr. Vivekanandan G
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 29, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 10, 2020

Every month I am getting some burning sensation and my urine is very dark that time. Also, I get body ache and slight fever. Now from yesterday I am having the same problem. I assumed it as when my water intake is reduced I get this problem and started drinking more water. Is this the reason or anything to be concerned? Thank you.

#

• Whenever you do not take enough water or when you eat meat, your urine becomes concentrated. That is the reason for dark color of urine and burning sensation.
  • If it is due to urinary tract infection, it will be persistent and become worse with passage of time. So, no need to worry.
  • Just drink couple of extra glasses of water, it usually resolves.

For further information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

Is it a must to completely stop meat? Please tell me which food item to avoid.

#

• It is not necessary to completely avoid, but it is better to cut down to one for two servings per week.
  • Try to reduce your salt intake.

Over 10 years I have problem of constipation. Because of which I have stomach bloating every now and then. We had a family wedding last week and now again I am going through the same problem. In spite of drinking so much water still I face the problem. Is there any home remedy or medical advice?

#

• To avoid constipation, it is very important to consume lot of fiber rich diet like greens, vegetables and fruits. Try to cut down meat intake.
  • You can also take almond oil two teaspoons mixed with half glass warm milk at night.
  • If all these measures do not benefit then you can take bulk laxative like Lactulose syrup every night 15 mL at bedtime. Hope you find this useful.

For further doubts consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

I am very much into non-vegetarian food and have never eaten much of vegetables. Can I take almond oil in warm water instead of milk? Thank you for your help and advice.

#

• Yes, you can take almond oil with water. But, it will be unpalatable and that is the problem.

|