Common "Urinary Tract Infection" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Urinary Tract Infection

Urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection commonly affecting the lower urinary tract, namely bladder and urethra. It can occur in both men and women. It is treated with a course of antibiotics.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have pain in my vagina. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I was awakened this morning by a pain in my vagina. I have the urge to urinate often and a constant uneasy feeling in my vagina. There is no pain in the kidney area. I am thinking vaginitis or urinary tract infection. Any suggestions? Because I cannot get to my gynecologist until next ...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You have not mentioned your previous medical, obstetrics, gynecological, and drug history here. As per your history, you have pain in the vagina and frequent urination since today morning. You have a history of vaginitis and urinary tract infection years back. I real...  Read Full »

I have a urination. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a single male, 34 years. I currently feel that something is moving in my penis before or after urinating. And, just now, I noticed a whitish or yellowish liquid coming out of my penis. It started last weekend after I had unprotected sex. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Patel Dharmikbhai Maheshkumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to As per your query, you mentioned that you had unprotected sex. You may have a urinary tract infection. You do not have to worry too much. It can be treated with antibiotics within five to seven days. Please get urine routine test. Thank you and take care. Regards.   Read Full »

Why is my body temperature high after C-section?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a C-section a month ago. I was in induced pain for over 16 hours and had spiked fever due to the medicines which continued after surgery along with night sweats. I was advised to take Dolo 650 and Augmentin 1000 Duo, which I continued to take for 10 to 15 days. But, I was not gettin...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Please get yourself checked with a gynecologist. Also,get your wound and breasts be examined by the gynecologist. Usually, this could be due to breast issues or some wound infection. Do get back to me with the reports, so that I can guide you further. Take care.   Read Full »

Can I take Tamsulosin and Nitrofurantoin simultaneously?

Query: Hello doctor, My question is regarding taking Tamsulosin with Nitrofurantoin together simultaneously and whether Nitrofurantoin can be taken with Losartan and Nifedipine combination. Kindly help. Thanks.  Read Full »

Dr. Karthic Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. You have had a urinary tract infection with a culture showing low colonies of E. coli. You have been prescribed Nitrofurantoin, which you are worried about taking in combination with Losartan or Tamsulosin. Tamsulosin is not an antibiotic. It is...  Read Full »

I have pain while passing urine. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I have symptoms like pain while passing urine, and a feeling to pass urine always. All these symptoms started after I had sex recently. Please help.Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Chibitam Hope Obia

Answer: Hi, I appreciate you signing up on You now have exclusive access to expert medical opinion. I am very sorry about your medical condition. I believe you have developed a sexually transmitted disease with urinary tract infection, caused by bacterial infection. Please do a urine test f...  Read Full »

I feel pain and burning sensation after intercourse. Is this UTI?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I got married recently. After having intercourse with my husband, I feel too much pain in my vagina and also burning sensation while urinating. I also feel frequent urination. Is this urinary tract infection? Please suggest some medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli

Answer: Hi, Welcome to You are right. You have symptoms of urinary tract infection (UTI). Please get a urine culture and sensitivity done. We can start the appropriate antibiotic then. Meanwhile, have plenty of water of about 10-15 glasses a day to flush out the toxins.   Read Full »

Is echo-free lumen of urinary bladder a normal finding in an USG?

Query: Hi doctor,I have got ultrasound results in which my urinary bladder is partially filled and has an echo-free lumen.Can this be a cause for miscarriage?  Read Full »

Dr. Arpit Varshney

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read your concern in detail and I will surely help you out. Generally, the echo-free lumen suggests urinary infection so there is an infection in your bladder and urinary infections are a very common cause of abortions or miscarriage. However, you will need two ...  Read Full »

My mother feels cold ever after the fever has reduced. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is diabetic and hypertensive. For the past week, she had some gas and discomfort in her abdomen, loss of appetite, and slight burning while passing urine after two days of having Pan D; the symptoms did not improve, so she was started with Oflox OZ twice a day. After three da...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I can understand your concern. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to preserve the patient's identity) you have attached. Her reports are normal. I do not think any role in urine culture now. Culture will be harmful because of antibiotics—so there is n...  Read Full »

Why am I having enlargement in my urethra without discharge or odor?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. The area surrounding my urethra is enlarged. It is whitish, and it has a cottage cheese-like texture. There is no discharge or odor. I do not know what to do. I am embarrassed. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to It can be a pelvic or sexually transmitted infection or candidiasis. Have strict hygiene. Use soft, comfortable, and cotton undergarments. Use condoms while having sex to avoid having sexually transmitted disease. Have high, low vaginal and urethral swab. After collecti...  Read Full »

I have E. coli infection with stomach pain. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing stomach pain, stomach bloating, and diarrhea for the past 15 days. The diarrhea is not regular. After undergoing urine culture, CECT scan, ultrasound, and all blood tests, it was detected that I have an E. coli bacterial infection. As part of the treatment, I a...  Read Full »

Dr. Gajanan Shirpad Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understood your concern. You have bilateral renal pelvic obstruction due to stones and also have diabetes with a urinary tract infection. The pain in the groin is caused by pelvic renal calculi, and the pain can radiate to the groin area. To tre...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.