Q. Does elevated ESR cause any infections?

I used to do CBC test before each time when I go for a travel and this time also, I did the same. Can anyone please tell me if these reports are fine? Or if I am suffering from any disease as some values are out of range. I am taking tablet Telday 40 mg in the evening for the blood pressure.

#

I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and everything is fine except ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) which is slightly elevated, but it is acceptable to have it. Did you have a recent fever, or any other symptoms of infection like running nose, sore throat, excessive weakness? If yes, then, it can explain the elevated ESR. Even, it is acceptable to have this elevation. It is better if you get repeated after two to four weeks to confirm the static trend and not absolutely necessary. You can get it after you come back from the trip.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

I am quite stressed out and tensed in work (working daily for 14 hours except for last four days) having a bit sensation of ear block. I did all the tests told by my ENT specialist and he told that there is a little bit of vestibular disturbance and advised some exercise. There are no other symptoms of infection like running nose, sore throat, but I am yawning a lot for the last two days with very small dizziness (ENT doctor said it is vestibular disturbance) and checked in the oximeter back in the home and found my SPO2 is 98 %. I am really tensed to see this CBC report, can you please double assure that I am fine since the WBC is over the normal limit and I thought it might be cancer. Please advise if I can continue with my trip for a month?

#

Yes, you can continue with your trip. There is nothing worrisome in your report and I do not see anything in your history or report to suggest anything related to cancer. So, you do not get tensed. Also, you are quite young and not a common age for cancer. There is a possibility of subclinical viral infections which can cause vestibular disturbances and slightly raised ESR (which can be seen even in otherwise normal individuals). So you should not worry about the report and just get ESR done after your trip. All the best.

|