Ear Blockage

How to cure my ear inflammation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old male. I have been battling sinus problem, congestion and cough for about three weeks. Three weeks ago, I visited a clinic and I was given 500 mg Amox. I completed the cycle, but still had cough and drainage. So, I visited the clinic again, wherein I was given Decadr...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns. I want to assure you that, you do not have to worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted.  Read Full »

Why does my son put his head to the side and hate it while going over a hill?

Query: Almost 2.5,year old has been really upset since two days especially when people talk or cry especially kids. He is cutting two molars at the moment. We have been to playgroups with no issues gets super clingy but hes fine. We went outside and he was fine until a kid starting talking. And interacted ...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: There may be something wrong with the hearing as per your history. The child may either be having some congestion which may be leading to impaired or over sensitive hearing due to glue ear. Decongestants like cetzine should help. There may also be some wax in the ear which may be creating all the ir...  Read Full »

I am concerned about my throat irritation, ear fullness and forehead lump. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, For the last seven weeks, my throat has been very dry. It is not painful but causes me to swallow fairly often due to the feeling if there being something in my throat. On top of that, my left ear has been feeling full for the last four months. I had a hearing test, and my hearing is ...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common reason of having this irritation in throat is associated with soreness and lump like feeling can definitely be a feature of chronic silent GERD with LPR (gastroesophageal reflux with laryngopharyngeal reflux). Even though you might be asymptomatic or...  Read Full »

How to unclog my blocked ear?

Query: Hello doctor, My right ear is blocked for more than two weeks and it is not opening, whatever I may try. I am currently taking Itraconazole and Levocetirizine.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any other complaint like ear discharge or giddiness? Are you taking any local ear drops? Are the medicines you mentioned prescribed by some doctor or self medicines? Do you have any associated nose block or throat pain? Is it possible that water could have...  Read Full »

Please suggest quick relief for cold and nasal congestion.

Query: Hi doctor,My mother is a diabetic and also hypertension patient. She is 66 years old. She is on regular diabetes and anti-hypertensive medicine. Now, she has severe cold, nasal congestion and ear congestion. Which medicine can be taken? Will Cetirizine be effective?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your concern. I suggest tablet Allegra 180 mg (Fexofenadine) twice daily for five days. One tablet is to be taken in the morning and one at night after meals. Consult her doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medici...  Read Full »

What could cause weird sound in ear with reduced hearing?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel some sound is hearing from my right ear and unable to hear normally. I am facing this problem for the last few months. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I totally understand how frustrating a blocked ear can be. With the symptoms that you have, the most probable possibility would be having impacted wax. This can be extremely frustrating as it blocks the entire ear canal and can cause pain and decreased hearing. You can...  Read Full »

How to treat fever, headache, and ear pain in a 4-year-old child?

Query: My child of four years is suffering from fever since 8 .00 am today abot 100f.also tells about headache and pain in ear. Befor a month ago doctor had told that peep is producing in ear and he treated. Now it seems that there is no tonsil.only fever, headache and ear pain  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! The child would be having a mild infection in the adenoids which would have caused the ears to get blocked and cause pain and sometimes even discharge. You can consider the following treatment Syp augmentin 475mg 3ml three times a day after food for next 1 week. Syp sinarest 4ml three tim...  Read Full »

My ear is rumbling following a throat infection. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 35 years old. About 4 weeks ago, I had a viral infection of the throat and nose, which lasted for about a week. At that time, my left ear became completely blocked with fluid for at least a few days. Then, I started getting a low rumbling noise in my ear. At first, I used to get the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nasheed Baig

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This problem is called as tinnitus. As you have mentioned, you started with this problem after an upper respiratory tract infection that resulted in effusion in your ear through blockage of eustachian tube. It is quite possible that your eustachian tube is still n...  Read Full »

Can you help with my blocked ear and vertigo problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had one ear plugged completely with limited to no hearing on that side. I have been to the doctor and received Amoxicillin and steroids for it as well as Ciprodex ear drops and a Bromide nasal spray but my ear is still plugged. I woke up last week with this condition and debilitat...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your ear bulging is mostly because of eustachian tube dysfunction and middle ear inflammation. Use nasal decongestant drops as Otrivin while lying down on your back and your head is lower than your whole body (Trendelenburg position). Chewing gums may help in opening th...  Read Full »

Why do I feel like something is blocking my hearing in the right ear?

Query: my ear(right ear) its like something is there something blocking i cant hear  Read Full »

Dr. Bruce Hudkins

Answer: Hello and welcome! Without much more information, I can only point out a few causes that come to mind. Perhaps it would help for me to break it down into two categories: 1. Acute one sided hearing loss---consider, in descending order of probability--cerumen (ear wax) impaction, Eustachian tube d...  Read Full »