High Hs-crp

Kindly comment on my paleo diet reports.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been following paleo diet for the past 20 days. I have attached my reports here for your reference. Kindly review my report and let me know your feedback.  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you have started paleo diet 13 days before you have taken the blood test. It should be taken a day before you start paleo. Anyway, the only way to compare the health benefits of paleo is by taking a repeat test by the end of this month and comparing with this ...  Read Full »

My lipoprotein and hs-CRP is high. Can it cause heart problems?

Query: Hi doctor, I had high hs-CRP of 3.86 around 8 months back. I have got it rechecked and it has gone even higher to 5.36. I have attached the reports of blood test done a couple of days back. This blood test report includes other tests too apart from hs-CRP. I have previously been advised that high l...  Read Full »

Dr. Anoop Mathew

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern regarding the raised hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein) and lipoprotein levels (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These biomarkers are predictors of future events. They tell you that there is an inflammatory state t...  Read Full »

I would like to get a proper diagnosis regarding my high hs-CRP.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from iron depletion. My iron is low, but ferritin and hemoglobin are normal. My folic acid was 4 about a year ago. I took Folic acid tablets for two months and it is normal now. My vitamin D has improved after taking tablets. My vitamin B12 is also on lower side. I am mar...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and after going through your reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: C-reactive protein (CRP) levels are a bit high indicating mild inflammation. This value is suggestive of high cardiac risk. Your cholester...  Read Full »

How to confirm if my heart is in good condition?

Query: Hello doctor, My problem is little strange. I am 23 year old obese guy. My father expired two years ago due to cardiac arrest. I always have the fear that I might get heart problem anytime. Even my heart rate remains 90 to 100 bpm. After consultation, my doctor said it is just because of overweight ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Valecha

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have to reduce weight as you have family history of heart disease and obesity itself a risk for heart disease and diabetes. There is no problem with your cholesterol test. It is fine. To find out whether you have any heart problem at present or not, I would advise ...  Read Full »

What does high hs-CRP indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, Eight months back my hs-CRP level was 3.86 mg/L and CRP was 0.24 mg/dl. One month later hs-CRP was tested again and it was 0.4 mg/dL. My ESR also seems to be higher along with lipoprotein. Please advise the treatment. Is there any further investigation for high hs-CRP. What high hs-CRP ...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Raised hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein) indicated your risk to cardiac issues. Your blood reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) have to be correlated with your clinical symptoms. These reports alone cannot give you any conclusion. I need to ...  Read Full »

What does my blood test indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old male. My height is 5'5" and I weigh 80 kg. Currently, I am not suffering with any disease and not taking any medication. I am a non-smoker, teetotaler, vegetarian and walk every morning 2-3 km, with three days of 40 minutes yoga practice. I require your medical dia...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. I have evaluated your reports and there are no specific high alarming statuses in the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The rise in hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein) and lipoprotein have been used as marker of he...  Read Full »

I feel weak and lethargic off late. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old male. My blood test results are as follows: hsCRP is 3.48, SGPT is 63.1, GGT is 85.6, and lipoprotein (a) is 47.1. Rest of the 80 odd blood tests are in the normal range. Should I follow up with any tests? Is there anything to worry about, especially regarding my he...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your lipoprotein, hsCRP (high sensitivity C-reactive protein), and SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase) are mildly elevated and the reason for this is your weight and high BMI (body mass index). This leads to accumulation of fat in the liver, which causes an elev...  Read Full »

My hs-CRP is high. Am I in danger?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently did a complete blood test. In the report, it was detected hs-CRP 3.8 mg. My age is 36, and my weight is 103 kg. Please advise how it can be lowered and do am in danger zone.  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you are worried about your health, but no need for much worries. Your CRP (C-reactive protein) is a little increased, but it is not a particular biomarker for cardiovascular diseases. Some other factors can cause it to increase like arthritis or infection....  Read Full »

Can you give me clarity regarding my annual medical report?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43 year old male. I have an active lifestyle with a focus on my diet and daily health regimen. I do not have any significant medical history, except for high cholesterol levels. I want to boost my testosterone levels too, as I hardly have any libido. Unless absolutely warranted,...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your complete list of investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The following are my observations and suggestions: There is an increased cholesterol level, subclinical hypothyroidism, and raised hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive pr...  Read Full »

Kindly comment on my general blood test.

Query: Hello doctor, I recently took a general blood test. I request you to go through my blood test report and give me suggestions. Especially, I would like to mention about high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP) using nephelometry mg/L, where the reference range is 4.69. Any of your proposals wil...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all your reports in details (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Most of the work up is perfectly normal, except a few borderline elevations in LFT (liver function tests), which are not significant. You CRP is very high. CRP is a marker...  Read Full »