Q. I feel weak and lethargic off late. What should I do?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 27 year old male. My blood test results are as follows: hsCRP is 3.48, SGPT is 63.1, GGT is 85.6, and lipoprotein (a) is 47.1. Rest of the 80 odd blood tests are in the normal range. Should I follow up with any tests? Is there anything to worry about, especially regarding my heart and liver? I feel weak and lethargic.

#

• Your lipoprotein, hsCRP (high sensitivity C-reactive protein), and SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase) are mildly elevated and the reason for this is your weight and high BMI (body mass index). This leads to accumulation of fat in the liver, which causes an elevation of SGPT, in the vessels, causing a rise in hsCRP.
  • Have you undergone lipid profile as well? Is it normal or elevated? If it is abnormal, you will need a medicine like tablet Rosuvastatin 10 mg at bedtime for eight weeks.
  • The most important thing now is to follow a healthy lifestyle and lose weight. If not, all these abnormalities will culminate into heart and liver diseases. So, on priority focus on weight loss.
  • I suggest the following lifestyle modifications:
  1. Avoid fatty, oily and high-calorie food.
  2. Have a low salt diet.
  3. Get your BP checked often.
  4. Do exercises like walking, or jogging for at least 30 minutes a day, five days a week.
  5. Include lots of green leafy vegetables, fruits, and fish.
  6. Avoid meat.
  7. Avoid smoking and alcohol. 

Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|