Q. My hs-CRP is high. Am I in danger?

Dr. Isaac Gana
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 30, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I recently did a complete blood test. In the report, it was detected hs-CRP 3.8 mg. My age is 36, and my weight is 103 kg. Please advise how it can be lowered and do am in danger zone.

#

I understand you are worried about your health, but no need for much worries.

• Your CRP (C-reactive protein) is a little increased, but it is not a particular biomarker for cardiovascular diseases. Some other factors can cause it to increase like arthritis or infection.
  • Your BMI of 38 means you are extremely obese, and it puts you at a risk of cardiovascular diseases.
  • You have to start exercising for at least three days in a week, eating a healthy meal and reduce salt intake. You should get a diet plan from a dietitian.
  • First, you should get your blood pressure reading for and revert. Take care.

Revert with more details to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|