Q. My hs-CRP is high. Am I in danger?

Dr. Isaac Gana
Published on Mar 30, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I recently did a complete blood test. In the report, it was detected hs-CRP 3.8 mg. My age is 36, and my weight is 103 kg. Please advise how it can be lowered and do am in danger zone.

Dr. Isaac Gana

Cardiology
#

I understand you are worried about your health, but no need for much worries.

• Your CRP (C-reactive protein) is a little increased, but it is not a particular biomarker for cardiovascular diseases. Some other factors can cause it to increase like arthritis or infection.
  • Your BMI of 38 means you are extremely obese, and it puts you at a risk of cardiovascular diseases.
  • You have to start exercising for at least three days in a week, eating a healthy meal and reduce salt intake. You should get a diet plan from a dietitian.
  • First, you should get your blood pressure reading for and revert. Take care.

Revert with more details to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

What is Obesity? Why People Become Over-Weight?

Article Overview: Obesity is a ‘silent epidemic’. This article tells about how to find if you have obesity and the reasons for it. Read Article

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Who is Considered as An Obese Person? An Obese person is one who has too much body fat and thus has a negative effect on their health. A person is considered obese when they have a weight over 20% of their ideal body weight. On the other hand, one may consider body mass index. Body mass index, ...  Read Article

Childhood Obesity : An Ayurvedic Approach to its Management

Article Overview: Environmental factors, lifestyle preferences, and cultural environment play major roles in the increasing prevalence of childhood obesity worldwide. By following the guidelines on the basis of ayurvedic fundamentals, parents can effectively manage their child's obesity. Read Article

Dr. Omendra Pal Singh

A child is considered obese when his/her Body Mass Index (BMI), a measurement obtained by dividing a person's weight by the square of the person's height, exceeds 30 Kg/m2. In ayurveda, obesity has been elaborately described by using the term atisthaulya. Childhood obesity ...  Read Article

Penis enlargement exercises led to swollen veins on my shaft. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a healthy 33 year old male. I have sex regularly and masturbate regularly. Over the years, I dabbled in penis enlargement exercises. I quit doing them a while back because I felt it was causing a damage to the penis. Recently, I used a cock ring, but for not more than ten minute...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If there is a pain of veins, especially when you touch them, or any signs of inflammation, only then it is a thrombophlebitis of veins. In your case, it could be thrombophlebitis, but...  Read Full