Q. How to confirm if my heart is in good condition?

Dr. Prashant Valecha
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My problem is little strange. I am 23 year old obese guy. My father expired two years ago due to cardiac arrest. I always have the fear that I might get heart problem anytime. Even my heart rate remains 90 to 100 bpm. After consultation, my doctor said it is just because of overweight and no need to worry. But, I feel like I would get heart problem. I always have the fear that I will die. I feel like I would get heart attack or injury in night as I feel my heart is not well. Few days back, I have gone through few tests, which I am enclosing with you. Please tell me the reason or test which should I go to clarify my doubt that I have a healthy heart or not? Also sometime I feel the heartbeat with the vibrating sensation very fast and sometime I feel like pain in chest may be because of winter. Please help me.

#

• You have to reduce weight as you have family history of heart disease and obesity itself a risk for heart disease and diabetes.
  • There is no problem with your cholesterol test. It is fine.
  • To find out whether you have any heart problem at present or not, I would advise you to get,
  1. ECG (electrocardiogram).
  2. 2D echo (two-dimensional echocardiogram).
  3. TMT (treadmill test).
  • In TMT, it will be clear that whether at present your heart is fine or not.
  • Reduce weight by jogging 30 minutes a day.
  • Do not smoke.
  • Eat more of vegetables, fruits and nuts.
  • Avoid cheese, ghee, butter and non-vegetarian foods.

Revert back after the investigations to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

I have gone through echo, TMT, ECG and blood test. All are normal except hs-CRP which is 9. I just wanted to know, what kind of food should I avoid? And also what should I eat to control hs-CRP?  Does taking protein increase the hs-CRP in body?

#

• Hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein) is an inflammation marker it can be increased in any inflammatory process in body like joint pain, fever, pulmonary infection, etc., at the time of test.
  • High hs-CRP is only a predictor of CAD (coronary artery disease) with other risk factors.
  • To reduce hs-CRP you cannot do anything.
  • If you know any specific condition causing inflammation treat that.

For further information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|