Q. How to confirm if my heart is in good condition?

Answered by
Dr. Prashant Valecha
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hello doctor,

My problem is little strange. I am 23 year old obese guy. My father expired two years ago due to cardiac arrest. I always have the fear that I might get heart problem anytime. Even my heart rate remains 90 to 100 bpm. After consultation, my doctor said it is just because of overweight and no need to worry. But, I feel like I would get heart problem. I always have the fear that I will die. I feel like I would get heart attack or injury in night as I feel my heart is not well. Few days back, I have gone through few tests, which I am enclosing with you. Please tell me the reason or test which should I go to clarify my doubt that I have a healthy heart or not? Also sometime I feel the heartbeat with the vibrating sensation very fast and sometime I feel like pain in chest may be because of winter. Please help me.



Welcome to

  • You have to reduce weight as you have family history of heart disease and obesity itself a risk for heart disease and diabetes.
  • There is no problem with your cholesterol test. It is fine.
  • To find out whether you have any heart problem at present or not, I would advise you to get,
  1. ECG (electrocardiogram).
  2. 2D echo (two-dimensional echocardiogram).
  3. TMT (treadmill test).
  • In TMT, it will be clear that whether at present your heart is fine or not.
  • Reduce weight by jogging 30 minutes a day.
  • Do not smoke.
  • Eat more of vegetables, fruits and nuts.
  • Avoid cheese, ghee, butter and non-vegetarian foods.

Revert back after the investigations to a cardiologist online -->

Hi doctor,

I have gone through echo, TMT, ECG and blood test. All are normal except hs-CRP which is 9. I just wanted to know, what kind of food should I avoid? And also what should I eat to control hs-CRP?  Does taking protein increase the hs-CRP in body?



Welcome back to

  • Hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein) is an inflammation marker it can be increased in any inflammatory process in body like joint pain, fever, pulmonary infection, etc., at the time of test.
  • High hs-CRP is only a predictor of CAD (coronary artery disease) with other risk factors.
  • To reduce hs-CRP you cannot do anything.
  • If you know any specific condition causing inflammation treat that.

For further information consult a cardiologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
ECG report shows down spikes with heart palpitations. Please explain my report.

Whenever you get palpitations do you have any other associated cardiac symptoms like chest pain, shortness of breath, giddiness, or sweating ...   Read full

ECG shows RBBB and marked left ventricular hypertrophy. What does it mean?

Fainting may otherwise occur due to pain or inadequate food intake as well ...   Read full

I failed to notice a woman and a baby next to me when I was smoking.Will that baby die of SIDS?

Hello doctor, I smoke, and I usually avoid smoking around other people ... I did not notice that there was a woman with a baby, and I stood near them smoking for quite a few seconds ...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Management of Coronasomnia
Coronasomnia refers to increased sleep problems among people during the COVID-19 pandemic. Read the below article to get...  Read more»
Balantidiasis - Causes, Signs and Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Balantidiasis is a rare bacterial infection caused by a parasite called Balantidium coli. Read the article below to know...  Read more»
JAK Inhibitors in Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis
Doctors mainly suggest JAK or Janus kinase inhibitors for patients with rheumatoid arthritis to ease their symptoms. Rea...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Cardiologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.