Q. My results are normal except lymphocytes. Can you have a look?

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

I have done CBC. My results are normal except lymphocytes 49 % also lymph are normal.

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

There seems to be a slight increase in the percentage of peripheral blood lymphocytes. However, if the total count of white blood cells is within the normal range and if all other findings including ESR are normal, then this is nothing to worry about.

If you have any other symptoms of inflammation or infection like fever, weight loss, night sweats, fatigue or loss of appetite, you may want to repeat the CBC test. An isolated abnormality in the count of blood cells is negligible if you do not have any remarkable symptoms.

Hope this helps.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

| 

Is throat inflammation a symptom of HIV?

Query: Hello doctor, I had severe throat inflammation and went to an ENT doctor. At that time, he was with a HIV patient who has sore throat and ulcers. He used a spoon like equipment to check the throat of the HIV patient. The spoon like equipment is contaminated. Unfortunately, the doctor used the same s...  Read Full »

Kindly clarify the results of my CBC report.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 38-year-old male. I have a question about my CBC report. My lymphocytes are high with 65 %. My neutrophil levels are low. My total WBC is 3200 WBC per microliter of blood. I have these levels remaining the same for about two years. I have constant body pain. I am very weak, and I ...  Read Full »

I am having inflammation on face after a dog bite. Do I need vaccination?

Query: Hello doctor,40 days back while I was walking on the road and unaware of a sleeping dog beside me I stepped on it and it had bitten me. After, reaching my home after 15 minutes I washed my leg and I have not found any blood wound but firing type feeling was there and later I met one physician doctor...  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now