High Lymphocyte Count

Please interpret my breast ultrasound for enlarged lymph nodes and breast cancer.

Query: Hello doctor, I need help to understand the attached breast ultrasoud. I also have the MTHFR gene mutation inherited from both parents and want to know if it will affect my lymphocyte count to be high. I am taking Maxalt for migraines.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). MTHFR gene mutation is not an independent risk factor for breast carcinoma. The association between this gene mutation and breast malignancy is not fully understood. However, in your att...  Read Full »

Should I be worried about gastric pain and constipation issues?

Query: Hi... Doctor told me few blood and stool test, and occult blood test.Today i got my hematology report. My Lymphosytes are 42. With all other things normal. Should i worry about? I dont have any other symptomps. Only thing i have gastric pain and constipation issues. For that stool test , occult blo...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi. Your blood reports are absolutely normal. Slight increase in lymphocytes with other counts being normal should not be a concern. Lymphocytes may increase slightly in response to viral infections or loose stools which we call reactive lymphocytosis. No need to worry. For you other problems inclu...  Read Full »

What causes a bitter taste, upset stomach, dizziness, and a rise in lymphocytes?

Query: I have been having a bitter taste,upset stomach, dizziness for about a month. A month ago i got labs everything was within normal ranges. My lymphocyte percentage was at 54% a week ago i have the same symptoms and Lymphocyte is at 56%. I am told its anxiety. Is that rise in lymphocyte normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Prathish Kumar

Answer: Hi, Your lymphocyte percentage is not that significant to worry about. Still, it will be more informative if you can upload the full CBC panel for better analysis.. Your symptoms could be acid reflux induced gastritis or due to a stone in the gall bladder We need to investigate more before labell...  Read Full »

Why is my neutrophils low and lymphocytes high?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an annual checkup. Please have a look at the reports and advise if everything seems fine and healthy.  Read Full »

Dr. Uphar Gupta

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All your reports are within the normal limits. But, Your weight is a bit more. Your BMI is 29 (body mass index), which is overweight, but not obese. Just that and rest all is fine. For further information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.c...  Read Full »

Please interpret my friend's blood report for increased lymphocytes.

Query: Hi doctor, I am curious about my friend's blood results. Blood tests show that his lymphocytes abs is 5.71 before six months, and 5.35 before three months. (Compared to the normal range that came with the results which is 1.30-3.60 x 10^9/L). Do you think is there something to be worried about?  Read Full »

Dr. Kks

Hematologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed the records. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Having more lymphocyte count is known as lymphocytosis. 1. Benign or reactive lymphocytosis: Transient nature can be seen in an infectious disease like viral illness. This does not seem to b...  Read Full »

What does neutropenia mean?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently had my blood test and the results came back that I had mild neutropenia. It has got me a little concerned since this has been present on my last two blood tests with the lymphocyte count being significantly higher, but still within the normal upper limits. I have had no in...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: Neutropenia is reduced neutrophils in the blood. Neutrophil is one of the five types of white blood cells (WBC) in the blood. Normally, when the instrument counts the WBC, it counts 500 cells and divides the type of cells. If...  Read Full »

What causes high lymphocytes and low neutrophils in a child?

Query: Hi doctor,My 1.5 year old boy has low neutrophils (17%) and high lymphocytes (74%). He has normal hemoglobin and total WBC. We did this blood test one week after vaccinations. There is no actual complaint, and we did the blood test to check if there is iron deficiency. I have attached the blood rep...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per report provided, the lymphocyte count is slightly high. In the case of a child with age 1 to 3, the lymphocyte count can be up to 70%. Lymphocytosis is considered in the child of 1.5 years when the absolute lymphocyte count is more than 9000. Here, it is n...  Read Full »

Why is my absolute lymphocyte count high?

Query: Hello doctor, My absolute lymphocyte count is 4800, so I have lymphocytic leukocytosis. I have a dust allergy, and I had mild asthmatic bronchitis in the last week. I take tablet Telekast-L occasionally.   Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please mention your complaints. Do you have a common cold, congestion, fever, or weight loss? Do you have a smoking history? Do you have asthma attacks regularly? Or is this the first time? Have you done spirometry examination for confirmation of asthma? Lymphocytes ...  Read Full »

What does chronically elevated lymphocytes count mean?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past five years, my absolute lymphocytes have been 4.2 to 4.9 range, never going over 5 (I have had multiple CBC's and every single one of my absolute lymphocytes is elevated). However, they have been continually elevated to the point that I was recently sent to a hematologist...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have any type of leukemia especially CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukemia) or MBL (monoclonal B-cell lymphocytosis) then it could have been reflected in the peripheral smear examination report or in flow cytometry investigation. Your flow cytometry report is negati...  Read Full »

My lymphocyte percentage is 44%. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, I just got a blood test conducted and the results indicate that my hemoglobin is 17.9 g/dL. My packed cell volume is 52.5%, RBC is 6.42 milliliter/mm3. Total leukocyte count is 14.3 thou/mm3. In differential leukocyte count, lymphocytes are 44% and in absolute leucocyte count, l...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to worry about your investigations. The number of red cells normally present varies according to person's age and sex. The normal hemoglobin value in an adult male can range up to 18 g/dL. It can be raised due to many reasons and these causes may b...  Read Full »