High Lymphocyte Count

What is the reason for high WBC values in a chronic diabetic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is in ICU under ventilation for a week now. His oxygen level was low, and now the level is 94. He is a diabetic patient, and his sugar level is above 300 and fluctuating. His TLC count was 16.5 but again jumped today to 22000. I wanted to consult with a doctor for advice an...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your statement, the patient has been in the ICU and has uncontrolled DM. According to the investigation reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), WBC has increased, other parameters show no abnormalities. His oxygen saturation leve...  Read Full »

Can a history of EBV cause persistent lymphocytosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached my reports. Please explain to me what it is? Do I have persistent lymphocytosis?   Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Following is my answer to your asked question. In the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your lymphocytes count are repeatedly elevated. So it is suggestive of persistent lymphocytosis. You have EBV (Epstein- Barr virus) IgG (immunoglo...  Read Full »

Can you please review my wife's blood report?

Query: Hello doctor, This is for my wife. She is 36 years old. Her height is 5'4" and weight is 65 kg. Recently, we had a blood test and the attachments here are the results of the same. We are worried with the absolute lymphocytes count and percentage as well as the other highlighted numbers in the report...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She has vitamin D on the lower side. Apart from some ups and downs in the hemogram report, all the other reports are appearing to be within normal limits. Rise in the lymphocyte count is...  Read Full »

What are the cause of my high lymphocyte count and low neutrophil count?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32-year-old female who weighs about 128 lbs. I had blood work done suggested by a weight loss doctor. The doctor requires routine blood work once a year. I noticed that five of my results came back out of range. My cholesterol has been high for years now. I think it is genetic. My...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry for the late reply. Following is my opinion on your asked question. In the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), lymphocyte count is high, and neutrophils are relatively low due to high lymphocytes. Total cholesterol and LDL (Low-de...  Read Full »

What could be the cause of a high lymphocyte count?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2.4 years old son has platelet count 193, WBC 6.8, Hb 11.4, RBC 4.28; however, neutrophils 16%, lymphocytes 73%, monocytes 08, SGPT 100, SGOT 77, creatinine 0.17. He is doing fine and active. However, lower weight gain was 1.7 kg, and the current weight is 9.25 kg. The monthly aver...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Following is my opinion on your asked question. In the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), lymphocytes are high, and platelet count are borderline low with raised SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase) . So, it is suggestive most pr...  Read Full »

Why are my RBC, eosinophils, and lymphocytes counts elevated?

Query: Hi doctor, My RBC counts, eosinophils and lymphocytes are high for the last three years; Uric acid lower than 2.37 mg/dL and SGPT are raised in the latest report. I have mild pain in the throat, body ache, weakness, fatigue, headache, chest pain, bitter taste for the last four days, and no fever d...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern, and the following is my opinion on your case. Your attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) does not show any specific alarming findings. Lymphocytes and eosinophils can be elevated in viral infection and allergi...  Read Full »

Can a drop in temperature trigger an allergic reaction?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with an allergy. I suspect it to be because of the temperature that I have set my room at. The symptoms include a burning sensation in the stomach, legs, numbness, and pain in the legs, ankles, thighs, and knees. It happened earlier only in winters, this year it sta...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing to us, and I have checked your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are some changes in your blood reports, such as slightly decreased RBC (red blood cells), increased lymphocytes, and decreased monocytes, which can be du...  Read Full »

What causes a lump on the occipital area?

Query: Hi doctor,About one week ago, I felt a tender lump in the occipital area of my head. It is pea sized and movable. It hurt only when I touch. It has not got any worse. In fact, it is better and less tender unless I touch it. When I had an appointment with my doctor, I was asked to give a blood sample...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The lump in your occipital region may be a small lipoma. I would suggest waiting unless it is examined by your doctor. Regarding the abnormalities on your blood work, I would appreciate if you could share the absolute numbers. The percentage could be falsely elevated s...  Read Full »

What can cause neutropenia in an infant?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby boy is 3.5 months old. When he was 38 days old, he got a fever. I went to the hospital and the doctor said any infant who has fever without any other symptoms may have meningitis and so lumbar puncture was performed. It was positive and the WBC was 570 (clear), monomorph 80% an...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: Your baby boy probably had viral meningitis looking at the positive WBC and high monomorph along with a negative culture. Now, that he does not have any f...  Read Full »

Please interpret my breast ultrasound for enlarged lymph nodes and breast cancer.

Query: Hello doctor, I need help to understand the attached breast ultrasoud. I also have the MTHFR gene mutation inherited from both parents and want to know if it will affect my lymphocyte count to be high. I am taking Maxalt for migraines.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). MTHFR gene mutation is not an independent risk factor for breast carcinoma. The association between this gene mutation and breast malignancy is not fully understood. However, in your att...  Read Full »