High Lymphocyte Count

Why is my absolute lymphocyte count high?

Query: Hello doctor, My absolute lymphocyte count is 4800, so I have lymphocytic leukocytosis. I have a dust allergy, and I had mild asthmatic bronchitis in the last week. I take tablet Telekast-L occasionally.   Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please mention your complaints. Do you have a common cold, congestion, fever, or weight loss? Do you have a smoking history? Do you have asthma attacks regularly? Or is this the first time? Have you done spirometry examination for confirmation of asthma? Lymphocytes ...  Read Full »

My 1.5 year old baby has low neutrophils and high lymphocytes. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,My 1.5 year old boy has low neutrophils (17%) and high lymphocytes (74%). He has normal hemoglobin and total WBC. We did this blood test one week after vaccinations. There is no actual complaint, and we did the blood test to check if there is iron deficiency. I have attached the blood rep...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per report provided, the lymphocyte count is slightly high. In the case of a child with age 1 to 3, the lymphocyte count can be up to 70%. Lymphocytosis is considered in the child of 1.5 years when the absolute lymphocyte count is more than 9000. Here, it is n...  Read Full »

What does chronically elevated lymphocytes count mean?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past five years, my absolute lymphocytes have been 4.2 to 4.9 range, never going over 5 (I have had multiple CBC's and every single one of my absolute lymphocytes is elevated). However, they have been continually elevated to the point that I was recently sent to a hematologist...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have any type of leukemia especially CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukemia) or MBL (monoclonal B-cell lymphocytosis) then it could have been reflected in the peripheral smear examination report or in flow cytometry investigation. Your flow cytometry report is negati...  Read Full »

My lymphocyte percentage is 44%. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, I just got a blood test conducted and the results indicate that my hemoglobin is 17.9 g/dL. My packed cell volume is 52.5%, RBC is 6.42 milliliter/mm3. Total leukocyte count is 14.3 thou/mm3. In differential leukocyte count, lymphocytes are 44% and in absolute leucocyte count, l...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to worry about your investigations. The number of red cells normally present varies according to person's age and sex. The normal hemoglobin value in an adult male can range up to 18 g/dL. It can be raised due to many reasons and these causes may b...  Read Full »

Is there anything of concern in my husband's blood test?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband is 27 years old. He had blood tests before nine months and the report is as follows: WBC 5800, RBC 5400, Hb 16.6, HCT 47, lymphocyte 46.8%, neutrophils 39.2%, monocytes 8.1%, eosinophils 5.3, platelet 186000, basophils 0.6%, ALT 0.8 and LIC 0.2. Again, he had a blood test la...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the details posted. For sore throat, I suggest Listerine mouthwash gargles twice daily and combination of Montelukast and Fexofenidine once daily in the morning for three days. Also avoid cool water, cool drinks, alcohol and smoking if he has a ...  Read Full »

What could cause recurrent fever and body pain in a 13 year old?

Query: Hi doctor,My son is 13 years old and his weight is 46 kg. His WBC is 6000, lymphocyte is around 50% (checked thrice in the last two years), Hb is 11 g% and HbE trait. His overall health is fine, but he is getting recurrent fever attack of around four to five times in a year with severe body pain. P...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: HbE trait with 11 g% hemoglobin is good and well maintained. His white blood cell count is normal and lymphocytes are mildly increased. There is nothing to suggest any particular cause. Recurrent infection could be due to low...  Read Full »

What can cause lymph node enlargement in the neck?

Query: Hi doctor,I would like to seek your help on higher lymphocyte count. I am taking antibiotics after my doctor noticed enlarged lymph nodes on my neck and edge of my ears. I am under medication to check whether this infection is due to some throat issues or not. But, my ESR count remains same after a...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you are suffering from an inflammatory condition, which is either viral or chronic bacterial. In both these cases lymphocyte counts could be higher. Your other cell counts are normal including platelets and RBC count (red blood cell). You need not w...  Read Full »

There is increased lymphocytes percentage in my blood. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a complete blood count test and it seems my lymphocytes % is high. Please help me. Is this something I should be scared about? I was in my period when the blood test was taken in case this has any relation to the results.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your lymphocytes percentage is slight high. Kindly mention your clinical complaints so that I can guide you further. It is not a matter of getting scared as your all other parameters are within range. I suggest you repeat CBC after week. Usually, a temporary viral in...  Read Full »

Kindly clarify the results of my CBC report.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 38-year-old male. I have a question about my CBC report. My lymphocytes are high with 65 %. My neutrophil levels are low. My total WBC is 3200 WBC per microliter of blood. I have these levels remaining the same for about two years. I have constant body pain. I am very weak, and I ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your lymphocyte count is elevated. As the condition sustains the same for the past two years, you might need investigations like flow cytometry or bone marrow aspiration study to be don...  Read Full »

My lymphocytes and eosinophils count are slightly raised. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I did a recent blood test, where my CBC, TLC, ALC are normal and looks fine but under DLC (differential leucocytic count) my lymphocyte is 41.2 (range 20 to 40), eosinophil is 6.6 (range 1 to 6). What does this mean? I have a very slight cold for some time and sometimes when I lift anyth...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your complete blood count report shows borderline lymphocytes and eosinophil. But that can be from the cold that you already have. I need to know your full CBC to check absolute lymphocytes count and absolute eosinophil count. So you can attach your reports. For bon...  Read Full »