Q. Please explain my CBC report.

Published on Oct 01, 2018

I am a 38-year-old male. I have a question about my CBC report. My lymphocytes are high with 65 %. My neutrophil levels are low. My total WBC is 3200 WBC per microliter of blood. I have these levels remaining the same for about two years. I have constant body pain. I am very weak, and I do not have any weight gain. My thyroid tests are normal. My ANA panel is normal and C-reactive protein level is elevated with 14.2 mg/L. I am taking Tramadol 50 mg for pain.

Hematology Pathology
#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your lymphocyte count is elevated. As the condition sustains the same for the past two years, you might need investigations like flow cytometry or bone marrow aspiration study to be done. For an initial workup, you can investigate serum calcium estimation, sodium and potassium estimation, SGOT (aspartate transaminase), SGPT (alanine transaminase), serum protein estimation, urea, creatinine estimation, and peripheral smear examination. According to the cause, specific treatment are given.

What could cause recurrent fever and body pain in a 13 year old?

Query: Hi doctor,My son is 13 years old and his weight is 46 kg. His WBC is 6000, lymphocyte is around 50% (checked thrice in the last two years), Hb is 11 g% and HbE trait. His overall health is fine, but he is getting recurrent fever attack of around four to five times in a year with severe body pain. P...  Read Full »

Kindly advise whether my report is all right after bariatric surgery.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I had gastric sleeve surgery around 1.5 years ago. I have lost around 55 kg till now and now, my weight is 68 kg. I have not followed the dietary recommendations and vitamin and calcium supplements prescribed by the doctor for quite a long time. Now, I am in poor...  Read Full »

We went for a regular check up and reports suggest leukemia. Can you help?

Query: Hello doctor,I went to the hospital for my father's normal check-up. He is 61 years old. His report looks like this: WBC 43000, platelets 1.2 L, and lymphocytes 88 %. To get it cross-checked, we went to another lab the next day and here are the counts: WBC: 38000 (Reduced by 5000), platelets 1.5 L (...  Read Full »

Ask a Hematologist Now