Q. Why is there increased lymphocytes percentage in my blood?

I had a complete blood count test and it seems my lymphocytes % is high. Please help me. Is this something I should be scared about? I was in my period when the blood test was taken in case this has any relation to the results.

#

Your lymphocytes percentage is slight high. Kindly mention your clinical complaints so that I can guide you further. It is not a matter of getting scared as your all other parameters are within range. I suggest you repeat CBC after week. Usually, a temporary viral infection can lead to lymphocytes elevation temporarily. It has no relation to menstruation. If after one-week lymphocytosis persist, then investigate with peripheral smear examination report for further work up.

Thank you for the quick reply. I have no complaints, the blood test was prophylactic. Three months back I did the same test, and again lymphocyte % was slightly high against % neutrophils. WBC was the same. Meanwhile, last month, I have suffered from purulent angina. Since then, I have no complaints.

#

Angina is not related to high lymphocytes percentage. If there is no clinical complaint, then the chance of any underlying disorder seems to be very less likely. In case of viral infection like cold, infectious mononucleosis, hepatitis, etc. Lymphocytes can be high. I suggest you repeat your full CBC after one week. If after a week, lymphocytes percentage are high, then investigate further with peripheral smear examination report and revert back to me.

|