Q. What can be the reason for elevated RBC, Hb and Hct?

Answered by Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on High Rbc Count or Polycythemia? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: What can be the reason for elevated RBC, Hb and Hct?

I am a 34 year old female. I have been itching all over for months and constantly covered with bruises, petechiae and livedo reticularis. I was diagnosed with erythromyalgia. I also have severe bone pain. My blood work came back with elevated RBC, Hb, Hct, low alkaline phosphate, low BUN and creatinine. My vitamin B12 levels are in 1000s and not under 200. The neurologist says that I have fibromyalgia and changed my seizure medicines for juvenile myoclonic epilepsy. Do I think that I should visit a hematologist and figure out why my bones hurt so badly in my legs and why I am so itchy? My current medication includes Oxycodone and Lamotrigine for epilepsy.