Q. Why are WBC and neutrophils chronically high even if no infection is present?

Answered by Dr. Smrita Singh and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on High Wbc Count or Bacterial Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Chronically high WBC 15 and neutrophils above 10 recent CRP 8.8. No infection can be found but was treated with two rounds of antibiotics Amoxicillin and Clarithromycin. Repeated CBC and numbers were higher. My doctor said maybe this was going to be my normal. Is this possible? Since the last six months, I have also been experiencing abdominal pain, moderate nausea, and unintended weight loss.