Q. I would like to get your remark on my MRI. Please comment.

Dr. Sumit Chawla
Published on Oct 17, 2016

I have attached my MRI scan report and I do like to get the remarks.

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Orthopedics And Traumatology
#

• There is a labral tear along with other ligament, muscle and tendon unit injury (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Probably, due to acute shoulder dislocation.
  • Decision regarding surgery depends upon the clinical condition.

For further information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

Is it something major? Could you brief the precautions to be taken?

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Orthopedics And Traumatology
#

• You still have not mentioned about the trauma. Also, how much time has passed since the labrum tear? What treatment you have received so far?
  • If it is after a single episode of shoulder dislocation, then immobilization of the shoulder through an arm shoulder immobilizer is sufficient.
  • Post three weeks, shoulder abduction (lifting above the head) movements should be started with caution along with shoulder strengthening exercises.

How can I keep safe during travel after a shoulder surgery for labrum tear?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a labrum tear. I had a shoulder surgery done a month ago. They repaired the tissues back into place. My cousins have planned for a trip to the beach next month. I have been advised by the doctor to take off the sling in that week. I do not know if I can go with them soon afterre...  Read Full »

Why did my shoulder get dislocated for the second time? How do I treat it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old. I met with an accident some nine years ago which resulted in a chip fracture of the left shoulder acromion. After nine months, I had a shoulder dislocation in the same shoulder which was corrected by a bone setter at home. Recently, the same shoulder again got dis...  Read Full »

What are the tests to undertake in case of mild fatty liver?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is under Ayurveda medicine for a hip labrum tear. She had an ultrasound done as a part of some checkup. The finding is mild fatty liver. I am planning for additional blood tests. Could you please recommend the needed tests. She is nonalcoholic. Also, let me know if this is som...  Read Full »

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now