Hip Arthritis

Please give a second opinion on my hip joint pain treatment.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 63 year old male. I had polio affected right leg, but have been leading a normal life since then. Recently, I developed pain in the right thigh joint, but able to walk normally. In some positions, it is painful. I have got my MRI study of the hip joint. The report is enclosed here...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would have been in a better position to answer your query if I had seen the plain x-ray of pelvis films and MRI films rather than just a report. From the description of your symptoms and the MRI report, it seems that you have an arthritic right hip joint, though I c...  Read Full »

Is MRI needed for hip joint pain?

Query: Hi doctor, Since one month, I have been facing joint pain in my right leg and hip. I consulted a doctor at my native and he said that bone is worn-out at the joint. Again, when I consulted a doctor in my working place, he said that the cause of my pain is arthritis. The pain is not much. I am a 47 ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please elaborate your problem? Which activities make the pain worse? Are you able to sit cross leg or squat down? Do you have a fever or decreased appetite or any other symptoms? Do you have any pain in other joints as well? If you have x-ray of the affected h...  Read Full »

What causes pain and twinges in the groin area during certain movements?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had pain in my lower stomach just above my crotch area for about seven weeks now. When I first went to my doctor with the complaint, he said I could have pulled a muscle. I have made an appointment to go back again, which he told me to do and he advised me to bring a urine sample. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel really sorry for the pain and twinges you feel on certain positions and movements. It really is bothersome and needs attention and care. Your symptoms typically seem to be due to osteoarthritis of the hip joint and that is a medical condition of the hip joint due t...  Read Full »

Can you reverse avascular necrosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in thighs, hip joints and legs for more than a year. Reports indicate avascular necrosis stage 3. Doctor has recommended me hip replacement. I am really scared of this. Because I did a lot of research on internet about this. I got to know a lot of restriction and risk of dislo...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for using this platform. From the information you provided, it seems like you have stage 3 avascular necrosis (AVN). While there are numerous causes for AVN and often there is no identifiable cause, the prognosis is not very favorable once you reach stage 3. ...  Read Full »

Can problem in the hip cause knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I have stiffness and pain in thighs and knees for more than a year. I cannot sit properly and stand up instantly. I am having problem in each and every activity involving legs. I have reduced mobility and flexibility of legs. My report shows AVN stage 3 of hip joint, f...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hip avascular necrosis (AVN) and hip arthritis causes pain in the affected hip and also sometimes in the knees as the same nerve which supplies the hip also supplies the knee joint. It is called as obturator nerve. This nerve supplies both the joints. So if there is ...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain above right hip?

Query: Dear doctor, I am having pain above my right hip. It feels a little swollen and a little pain in my lower back above the right hip. I can feel the pain more when taking a breath. My lower back feels like it is burning. Give me any advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have studied your case. As per your history, there can be hip arthritis which can be degenerative or due to avascular necrosis of femoral head (AVN). I will advise you to take an x-ray of hip again and you can consult me with the reports or with your doctor. After cl...  Read Full »

My father is having continuous hip pain. How to evaluate this?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is having a continuous pain in his hip for the past four months. The pain can only be ease by consuming painkillers. The pain has prevented him from walking by himself. Most of the time, he cannot sleep throughout the night because of the pain. He is a diabetic and on regular In...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two possibilities, joint pain or nerve pain like sciatica. There can be multiple problems in the joint like age-related degeneration or arthritis, so we need to evaluate. What kind of pain is it? Is it a burning or pins and needles kind of pain? Does it trav...  Read Full »