Q. What does high hs-CRP indicate?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Eight months back my hs-CRP level was 3.86 mg/L and CRP was 0.24 mg/dl. One month later hs-CRP was tested again and it was 0.4 mg/dL. My ESR also seems to be higher along with lipoprotein. Please advise the treatment. Is there any further investigation for high hs-CRP. What high hs-CRP indicates? I have attached my complete blood test reports.

#

• Raised hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein) indicated your risk to cardiac issues.
  • Your blood reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) have to be correlated with your clinical symptoms. These reports alone cannot give you any conclusion.
  • I need to know further details regarding you for better help.
  • Do you have any associated symptoms such as breathlessness and chest pain?
  • Do you have any family history of cardiac issue?
  • Give me your smoking and alcohol consumption status.

Revert back with the answers for the above questions to a cardiologist online -->  https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

Two months I was out of breath and had chest chokiness. It lasted for few days. My doctor advised it as a gastric issue. There is no family history of cardiac issue. I do not smoke. I will drink occasional alcohol, once a month. My recent problems are finger tremors and lower back pain. My neurophysician said that finger tremors could be anxiety related. It has been there for past 3 months. I have lower back pain one year back and again for now for the past three months. Minor disc bulge is seen in CT scan report. Orthopedic doctor advised me to some exercise.

#

• Since you do not have any current cardiac issue or family history, I suppose, you do not need to panic with these test results.
  • Just adopt a healthy lifestyle. Do regular exercises
  • Such small disc bulges are very common. There is no point in taking any medicines for that.
  • You just need to do exercise as have been advised by your doctor.

For further information consult a cardiologist online -->  https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|