Hunger Pangs

Why am I always hungry and thirsty?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old female. My height is 5 feet and 6 inches, and my weight is 160. For the past month, I have been experiencing weight loss, increased hunger, increased thirst, and frequently need to go to the bathroom to pee out large amounts. My skin has become dry. I have also lost...  Read Full »

Dr. Pratik Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello doctor, Welcome to icliniq.com. All of these symptoms, along with weight loss and dry skin point to diabetes. Polyphagia refers to excessive hunger or increased appetite. Polydipsia refers to increased thirst. Polyuria refers to increased urination. .I suggest you screen yourself for blood sug...  Read Full »

When food gets stuck in between teeth, what happens?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a doubt regarding some general facts. Please explain the following elaborately. Is it fine to pluck out a gray hair? What happens when something gets stuck in between teeth for several days? What is the effect of teeth chatter? What is the growling of the stomach? When does the ea...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. When we pluck out a hair, we feel a slight sharp pain at that point of time. The hair usually breaks along with its follicle, thus that space remains hairless in the future. But if the hair breaks in between with its follicle intact, then the hair will regrow.When food ge...  Read Full »

Why do some women put on a lot of weight after an abortion?

Query: Hello doctor,Please tell me. What are the reasons for some girls to put on weight after they have an abortion? Also, is it common for all women?  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, I would say that the women usually gain weight after abortion for many reasons: Water retention. Emotional eating. To fulfill the stress of undergoing an abortion, the body triggers off a hunger mechanism. Hope y...  Read Full »

Is it normal for morning sickness to ease at nine weeks?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old female and my weight is 133 lbs. I will be nine weeks pregnant tomorrow and my nausea, hunger, and discharge has pretty much stopped. This is my first pregnancy.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand you are worried about your health at this point of pregnancy. All your symptoms are expected to some extent in the first trimester. Hunger increases with pregnancy, and it may exacerbate in the days to come. So do not worry about it. Nausea is also a ...  Read Full »

Can feeding food to the blood directly prevent obesity, hypertension, and diabetes?

Query: Hi doctor, My greatest desire was to become a doctor. I have a few thoughts to prevent lifestyle diseases. If we smile with inner sad feeling, the brain will think that we are happy. It can be refered to as tricking the brain. Our taste buds are on the tongue and when we eat the brain knows the quan...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Rathee

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is great to know about your dream of becoming a doctor, and it is never too late. You can still give it a go as you are still pretty young by every means and age can never be a hurdle in education. Now coming to your query, the idea is good but not practical because...  Read Full »

Why am I feeling hungry always?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 32 years old. My weight is 88 kg and height is 5'8". I am feeling hungry always and gaining weight too fast. Is there any medicine to curb hunger? Please guide.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hunger is a complex phenomenon controlled by both brain and the stomach. The stomach when empty goes for hunger contraction and the excess gastric acid together give sensation of hunger. The medications which reduce hunger act on other centers of the brain apart from hu...  Read Full »