Q. Can feeding food to the blood directly prevent obesity, hypertension, and diabetes?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Rathee and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Parenteral Nutrition or Nutritional Support? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My greatest desire was to become a doctor. I have a few thoughts to prevent lifestyle diseases. If we smile with inner sad feeling, the brain will think that we are happy. It can be refered to as tricking the brain. Our taste buds are on the tongue and when we eat the brain knows the quantity of the food the body wants immediately. What if we stop peristaltic movements? Thus feeding food to the blood directly and by-passing the mouth causing the brain not to know how much it needs. It could prevent obesity, high and low hypertension, diabetes, etc. Will it affect the stomach? By the way, these meals will be complete with all the essential nutrients. I am looking forward a reply. Thank you.