Q. Does penis shrink halfway while sitting if I have a hydrocele?

Dr. Vaibhav

I had rashes around my scrotum that lasted for about a month and then wet away with anti-fungal medications. A day or two later, I noticed my left testicle was four times bigger than the size of another testicle. It is shiny. And I was diagnosed with hydrocele.

There is no change in size even after three months. My query is, why does my penis shrink halfway and go inside my foreskin when I sit down? It feels very uncomfortable and has been happening ever since I got the hydrocele.

Kindly help.

#

Fungal infections are usually recurrent. And also, fungal infection tends to get a secondary infection of bacteria which causes enlargement of testicles and stretching of testicular skin. Hydrocele cannot be confirmed based on appearance alone. An ultrasound of the scrotum is needed to assess the presence and severity of hydrocele.

Thanks.

Thank you for your response.

Could infection cause a hydrocele?

Would the infection cause my penis to retract into foreskin while sitting to poop? Or do the enlarged testicles pulling my penis in?

Thanks.

#

Hydrocele is sometimes caused by infection. The retraction of the penis is also due to infections. Enlarged tested do not pull the penis in.

|