Q. Why is there excess fluid around the right testicle?

Dr. Shahil Khant

A week ago, I was going to the bathroom and noticed a swelling of my right testicle. After feeling around, I then noticed that the testicle is normal size. There is just some excess fluid around my right testicle. This immediately freaked me out as anything wrong makes me think of cancer. Luckily, I had a physical scheduled already for Wednesday of next week, so I had my GP look at it. He noticed the fluid and did some inspection along with his assistant and felt was around and did not feel any lumps, bumps, or swelling of the testicles themselves. Regardless, he went ahead and referred me to a urologist. The fluid has remained pretty consistent since I noticed. I have some time before I visit the urologist, but my GP did not seem to be concerned. Do you have any idea on what this could be? Is there any way this could be from testicular cancer?

Currently, I am on anti-anxiety medicine Lexapro 10 mg. I had my complete blood count done a month ago and everything was normal.

#

Relax and do not worry. If you or GP do not feel any lump from testis, then it is not likely to be testis cancer. So, I feel it would be a simple hydrocele. So, do not worry at all.

Yes, show to the urologist as he will advise you an ultrasound of scrotum to diagnose 100 percent. Till then relax and enjoy. Until and unless lump felt from testis, it should not be testicular cancer.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Thanks for making me feel better. It does not feel like it has changed the size in the last week. Will hydrocele usually go away on their own?

#

No, hydrocele will not regress on its own. If it is small, then you do not require anything to do. Only if it is large, then might require small surgery but nothing to worry, it is a minor surgery.

|