Hydronephrosis

Why are there headache, nausea and shortness of breathe after taking Gentamicin injection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26-year-old male. I weighs about 48 kg. I am writing this because I could not find proper diagnosis and guidance. This year I was diagnosed with bilateral mild hydronephrosis with 4 mm stone in both kidneys and also 4 mm cystitis. For one month I took ayurvedic syrup Calcurosin f...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. You are underweight and should start weight training exercises and increase appetite to 2200 kcal daily. Gentamicin occasionally causes adverse effects and probably you had some of it. Howeve...  Read Full »

Having pain in abdomen due to stones in kidney and ureter. What is the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old male. I am having severe pain in abdomen and I was diagnosed with stones in the right kidney and ureter. The USG report shows right nephrolithiasis, right lower ureteric calculus with mild to moderate with hydroureteronephrosis. I am currently under Tamsukem Plus fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As it has been prescribed in the USG, the kidney stone that has moved within the urinary pathways have caused the pain you experienced. Alkaston B6 (Magnesium Citrate, Potassium Citrate, Pyridoxine) will help dissolve the stones. Increase water intake. Take uva-ursi, c...  Read Full »

Are high fever and chills symptoms of kidney stone?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 41 year old woman and started having severe lower back pain and nausea about a week ago. Went to the ER, had a CT scan, diagnosed with a 6.5 mm kidney stone in my right ureter with mild hydronephrosis. I was given Percocet and sent home with instructions to see a urologist. I was ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. High fever and chill are indicative of infection indeed and as we have a cause rightly evident there are chances that you may be developing hydronephrosis (accumulation of urine in swollen kidney) in the right kidney and a secondary infection following stasis of urin...  Read Full »

What does hepatomegaly with fatty changes, hydronephrosis, and SOL mean?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom has a severe abnormality in the lower abdominal part. On doctor's consultation, we have done USG. In the report, the impression shows that mild hepatomegaly with grade II fatty changes, right-sided mild hydronephrosis, bulky heterogeneous uterus with multiple SOLs. What does it...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to worry about. For hepatomegaly, you will have to lose weight and avoid oily foods. Mild hydronephrosis could be because of some infection in the kidneys which may require antibiotics. There is mild SOL (space occupying lesion) in the uterus which coul...  Read Full »

Will prostate enlargement improve with alpha-blockers?

Query: Hi doctor, I have enlarged prostate. Also, my blood urea and creatinine have increased. Will it improve with the treatment of alpha-blockers (Tamdura)?  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly mention your age. How much is the value of creatinine? Also, what is the prostate size? Has the digital rectal examination (DRE) and ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureters and urinary bladder) being done or not? I would suggest a prostate biopsy if PSA (prostate...  Read Full »

After the diagnosis of hydronephrosis, what is the next step of treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old girl. My height is 5 feet and weight is 42 kg. I have been suffering from frequent stomach ache for the past two to three months. I do not have any problem in urination. I thought that the pain was due to some food infection. Later, I was diagnosed to have moderate le...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is necessary to do a DTPA nuclear scan (Diethylene triamine penta aceticacid) to confirm the diagnosis of UPJ obstruction (renal pelvis obstruction) and to know the severity of obstruction. Only then, you should go for surgery. Yes, it can be done by laparoscopy. It ne...  Read Full »

Is surgery necessary for bilateral moderate fetal hydronephrosis after delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, This query is about my 19 weeks pregnant sister-in-law. She had a USG today and found bilateral moderate fetal hydronephrosis. Her gynecologist told her that the kid will require surgery after delivery. Can you please check the report and explain the situation? Is surgery required? If...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Somani

Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, it is not life threatning. It has to be serially monitored every 15 days. Any intervention is usually successful after birth only and exact nature of urine obstruction also becomes clear after birth only. For more information consult a nephrologist online --> h...  Read Full »

I need a treatment plan for hydronephrotic kidney with PUJ obstruction.

Query: Hello doctor,My mother has a hydronephrotic kidney with PUJ obstruction. She also has a history of recurrent and severe UTI. I need an expert advice and treatment plan.  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If possible, send all the reports with images. I need to know the severity of hydronephrosis. What is the present creatinine level? What is her age? Only after seeing the above reports, I can suggest a treatment plan. She may require surgery. For more information cons...  Read Full »