Common "Hydronephrosis" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Hydronephrosis

Hydronephrosis is swelling of the kidneys when urine builds up in the kidney. The possible common causes of hydronephrosis include partial blockage in the urinary tract and vesicoureteral reflux. Hydronephrosis may cause symptoms like pain in the side and back, pain with urination, frequent urination, nausea, vomiting, and fever. Mild to moderate hydronephrosis is resolved with preventive antibiotic therapy while severe hydronephrosis is treated with surgery.