Q. How long will it take to recover from hymen surgery?

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair. B
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

How long will it take to recover from a hymen surgery? Would I be able to walk when I am done with the surgery? Can I bleed normally?

#

• It takes around one hour duration and you may have to take rest for 24 hours. You have to take antibiotics for a few days.
  • It will take 7 to 14 days for healing and you will be able to walk from the second day onwards.
  • Yes, you will have your normal menses as well bleeding during first penetrative intercourse.
  • But, hymen breaks normally in few girls without intercourse. So, should you bother to repair?

Revert back with the asked detail to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|