Q. What would cause a dark horizontal line across nose?

This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 25, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 11, 2019

I have a line across my nose going horizontally. This is because I used to push my nose up always. Can u suggest some natural remedy to get rid of it?

#

• You seem to have hypermelanosis. It is mostly seen in chronic running nose due to rhinitis.
  • It occurs due to pushing the nose upper side. I would like to suggest you the following treatment.
  • You may apply Tretinoin gel like Retop A gel (0.012%) on the line.
  • Kojic acid and vitamin C containing cream may be applied for some time.
  • Take Multivitamin tablets.
  • Stop yourself from pushing the nose.
  • Please consult a dermatologist before start taking these medications.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|