Q. How to remove hyperpigmented scar?

Published on Dec 02, 2016

I am a 30 year old male. I have a disfigured nose tip with the hyperpigmented scar as a result of a Hydroquinone reaction (Melalite 15 cream). I have undergone several treatments including dermabrasion, subcision and chemical peel. Currently, I am taking Limcee (vitamin c) tablets and collagen powder supplement. The scar is 5 years old. How to get it removed?

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• Since you already undergone all possible treatments, the last nonsurgical option, but a very good option is ND:YAG laser (neodymium-doped yttrium aluminium garnet laser) along with the daily night application of Clearz daily cream (Kojic acid and vitamin C) during night.
  • The surgical option is scar revision surgery and it should be done by a plastic surgeon.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Is there a vitamin c or collagen containing gel that I can apply topically to accelerate the healing?

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• Yes, Vicrow vitamin C serum is there, which contains L-ascorbic acid and hyaluronic acid. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • Before application, the face should be properly washed and apply 6 to 7 drops of Vicrow on the face twice a day.

Which product is safe for my skin to look lighter?

Query: Hi doctor,I would like to know how and which product is safe for my skin to look lighter. My facial skin does not look like how it used to, and I do not like it. Please help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After 30 years, skin starts to lose its elasticity, and during winter because of dryness, skin looks dull. I would suggest you try: Vitamin C serum - it is a good antioxidant and anti-aging medicine. Apply to the whole face in the morning. A good sunscreen with ...  Read Full

Does laser hair removal help with acne?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old man. I would like to ask your opinion about laser hair removal. I have read a lot in the last days and almost everywhere it is said that it is not bad for your health and body and one of the best ways to deal with hair. I am thinking about doing laser removal of hai...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The laser is a safe, painless and permanent method to get rid of unwanted hairs. It is called laser hair reduction to be more precise. Let me explain to you how this laser works: When the laser is passed through the skin, it targets melanocyte (pigment-producing...  Read Full

How can I get constipation cured?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from constipation for three years. Even after trying a lot of medicines I am not getting it fixed. Please give me the solution.  Read Full >>

Dr. Vedprakash Verma
General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have seen all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), USG reports, blood reports, serum vitamin D reports. All reports are suggestive to be normal. Vitamin D level is also normal. Most probably you are suffering from irritable bowel syndrome. Kin...  Read Full