Q. How to remove hyperpigmented scar?

This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 04, 2020

I am a 30 year old male. I have a disfigured nose tip with the hyperpigmented scar as a result of a Hydroquinone reaction (Melalite 15 cream). I have undergone several treatments including dermabrasion, subcision and chemical peel. Currently, I am taking Limcee (vitamin c) tablets and collagen powder supplement. The scar is 5 years old. How to get it removed?

#

• Since you already undergone all possible treatments, the last nonsurgical option, but a very good option is ND:YAG laser (neodymium-doped yttrium aluminium garnet laser) along with the daily night application of Clearz daily cream (Kojic acid and vitamin C) during night.
  • The surgical option is scar revision surgery and it should be done by a plastic surgeon.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Is there a vitamin c or collagen containing gel that I can apply topically to accelerate the healing?

#

• Yes, Vicrow vitamin C serum is there, which contains L-ascorbic acid and hyaluronic acid. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • Before application, the face should be properly washed and apply 6 to 7 drops of Vicrow on the face twice a day.

|