Q. I have a small acne like thing on chest. Is it related to cancer?

Published on Apr 14, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 25, 2020

I have attached a picture which is on my chest for about two years. It has not given me any problem. Around two years back I had a small acne like thing on my chest right side and it became like this ever since. The dermatologists I have visited have said it is nothing to worry about, but I just want an opinion. I fear and hope it is not a skin cancer.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic Venereology
#

• Is there any complaint in it?
  • Do you have any pain or burning sensation or itching?

Revert back with the asked details to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

No doctor, I do not have any pain or burning or itching. Please do let me know what you think about this as it worries me from time to time. I would really appreciate a detailed answer of your views. Thank you.

#

I have gone through your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Do not worry; it is just the hypertrophic scar (raised scar due to excess collagen deposits).
  • It will remain as such, but rarely can it subside too. It is a reaction pattern of body to injury.
  • It can be treated by intralesional steroid injection.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

I hope there is nothing to worry about. I have another query. I am attaching a picture of the chest (circled part) which is slightly of a different color when compared to other parts of the chest. Is this due to dry skin? When I do not moisturize it or wet it for few days it becomes sort of reddish, otherwise it is in this brownish black color. Please help.

#

Please send few more good quality photographs taken closely and also from a distance.

• Any complaints in it? Any other area affected?
  • How long it has been there?

Revert back with the details and clear snaps to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

No major complaints and no other area affected. I have sent photos from nearby distance. It has been like this for a year or so. Please help.

#

• Since it is one of the most seborrheic sites, erythema and dryness is due to seborrheic dermatitis.
  • You can apply DesOwen cream (Desonide) twice daily for a month.

For further doubts consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

I have a nevus on my scalp. Is that sebaceous nevi?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old male. I went to a dermatologist, and he examined my condition. The doctor told me that I have sebaceous nevi of the scalp. But I am unable to agree with it. I have read that sebaceous nevi are hairless. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Baby has white patch on cheeks though pimples are gone. Is it seborrheic dermatitis?

Query: Hello doctor, My 1 and a half month old baby is having mild cradle cap and cluster of red pimples on his face. The area is quite dry even though the pimples are gone. This has left a white patch or discoloration on his cheeks. Is this atopic dermatitis or seborrheic dermatitis? How long will it l...  Read Full »