Q. Can I take steroid injection for a bald patch on the beard?

Dr. Sandeep Golla
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 28, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 14, 2020

I have a bald patch on the beard for the past three weeks. I am suspecting alopecia. I have uploaded the photo. Please help me.

#

I have seen your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Your concern is alopecia areata, which is an autoimmune entity. I suggest you try Tacroz forte (Tacrolimus) twice daily on the patch. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take medicine with their consent.

For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Do I need to take steroid injection? Or is Tacroz forte enough?

#

• I suggest you start Tacroz forte during bedtime and Momate (Mometasone) 0.1 % in the morning for 30 days. It is a mid-potent steroid cream.
  • If there is no visible hair growth within a month, then you can plan for an intralesional steroid injection.

For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|