Q. Can I take steroid injection for a bald patch on the beard?

Dr. Sandeep Golla
Published on Jul 28, 2018

I have a bald patch on the beard for the past three weeks. I am suspecting alopecia. I have uploaded the photo. Please help me.

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatology Venereology
#

I have seen your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Your concern is alopecia areata, which is an autoimmune entity. I suggest you try Tacroz forte (Tacrolimus) twice daily on the patch. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take medicine with their consent.

For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Do I need to take steroid injection? Or is Tacroz forte enough?

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatology Venereology
#

• I suggest you start Tacroz forte during bedtime and Momate (Mometasone) 0.1 % in the morning for 30 days. It is a mid-potent steroid cream.
  • If there is no visible hair growth within a month, then you can plan for an intralesional steroid injection.

For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Topical Corticosteroids for Skin Conditions

Article Overview: Topical corticosteroids are the cornerstone therapy for many inflammatory skin conditions. So, a judicious use of topical steroids is necessary. This article guides us regarding the proper use of topical steroids in dermatological conditions and its ill effects on the skin and body.  Read Article

What Are Corticosteroids? Corticosteroids are naturally-occurring or synthetic compounds with cyclopentanoperhydrophenanthrene ring. The major naturally occurring corticosteroid is cortisol, which is synthesized by the adrenal cortex. The synthetic corticosteroids are of different types and are used...  Read Article

What could be the best medicine for allergic rhinitis?

Query: Hi, I am currently using Duonase nasal spray and Odimont LC for the allergic rhinitis. I am getting mild fever after taking Duonase. Is it safe to take Duonase? Can I take Paracetamol for fever while using Duonase? Is there any alternative for Duonase without steroids?  Read Full »

What is the treatment for the scar on my face?

Query: Hello doctor, I have these marks which were initially boils. I have had these marks on my chin before but was not so bad, but the other day I had three boils and it made the marks on my face look more standing out as before they were not noticeable. I used hot water on my boils and I think that it ...  Read Full »