Q. What is the best treatment to remove accident scars on the face?

Dr. Vikram
Published on Aug 27, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have a hypertrophic scar on the left side of my face due to a road traffic accident from five years ago. I had undergone a scar revision surgery four years back but, no improvement was seen. So, I had a Z-plasty surgery two years back with a 40 % improvement. But, it is still visible and I am very conscious about it. Can this be improved further?

Dr. Vikram

Cosmetology Hair Transplant Surgeon Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic
#

Welcome to icliniq.com.

• You can try fractional RF (radio-frequency) or laser resurfacing for further improvement. But do not expect complete removal of the scar.
  • A scar once formed will remain forever. You cannot remove it completely. It can only be made less conspicuous at a visible distance which depends on the skin-type also. I need to see the scar to be able to comment further.

For more information consult a plastic surgeon online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/plastic-surgeon

Thank you for the reply. I am dark-skinned. I am not expecting a 100 % result. More than 50 % will be satisfactory for me. I am attaching a picture of the scar.

Dr. Vikram

#

• I saw your photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • Please consider the following:
  1. Laser resurfacing.
  2. Dermabrasion.
  • In both the treatment options, you will have to be monitored after the procedure, so that you do not develop any pigmentation in that area.

Does laser hair removal help with acne?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old man. I would like to ask your opinion about laser hair removal. I have read a lot in the last days and almost everywhere it is said that it is not bad for your health and body and one of the best ways to deal with hair. I am thinking about doing laser removal of hai...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The laser is a safe, painless and permanent method to get rid of unwanted hairs. It is called laser hair reduction to be more precise. Let me explain to you how this laser works: When the laser is passed through the skin, it targets melanocyte (pigment-producing...  Read Full

What is the treatment for the scar on my face?

Query: Hello doctor, I have these marks which were initially boils. I have had these marks on my chin before but was not so bad, but the other day I had three boils and it made the marks on my face look more standing out as before they were not noticeable. I used hot water on my boils and I think that it ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and concern and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). With your descriptions and given picture, it seems you have a hypertrophic scar (raised scar due to excess collagen deposits). If you will not treat them, it w...  Read Full

What are the little bumps on my genital area?

Query: Hello doctor, I have little bumps on my genital area that could be genital warts. How do I know for sure, and what do I do to remove them and prevent infection?  Read Full >>

Dr. Charu Bansal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. I have seen the attached photograph also (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As per details, these are the following possibilities for your symptoms: Molluscum contagiosum is a viral infection caused by Molluscum contagiosum ...  Read Full

Ask a Plastic Surgeon Now