Q. Can my smaller testicles get cured with HCG 5000?

Answered by
Dr. Shahil Khant
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 06, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 10, 2018

Hello doctor,

I am 33 years old. My testicles are the size of a grape and I experience low sex drive, and less sperm count. I have used some testosterone when I was about 16 years, the testes have never recovered since. I have been reading a lot and bought some HCG 5000 but I do not know how to use it, and I do not want to make things worse.



Welcome to

Basically, because of exogenous testosterone, your body has stopped production of testosterone from testis resulting in testicular atrophy and hypogonadism. Do you have children? Are you married? I would like you to get a baseline hormonal assay which would help us for future reference.

  1. Serum FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) and LH (luteinizing hormone).
  2. Free and total testosterone.
  3. Prolactin.
  4. Estradiol.
  5. Sex hormone binding globulin.
  6. PSA (prostate-specific antigen).

I will not prefer hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) and I would like to start you on Clomiphene citrate 25 mg every alternate day. Clomiphene is better than HCG. HCG can be given if there is no improvement with Clomiphene citrate. Exogenous steroids must be totally stopped. It will take time to recover and I will not give you 100 percent guarantee that your testis function will recover as there is severe atrophy. Recovery depends on the amount of testicular tissue left. But we will try our best.

For more information consult a urologist online -->

Thank you doctor,

I have a daughter who is 9 years old. I did not test my blood ever to see the testosterone count. What is Clomiphene citrate? Is that an injection? Do I need a prescription?



Welcome back to

You should test for the hormonal assay to see the severity of hypogonadism and also to compare again when you are on treatment. Clomiphene is an oral drug that you need to take orally. Kindly visit your urologist, discuss the opinion and get appropriate treatment. Thanks.

For more information consult a urologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
My problem is low sexual drive.Please suggest some medicines without side effects.

.. answer a few questions so that I can help you better. Do you have early morning erections? If not, since when? Do you masturbate? If yes, then how many times a week and do you have any problem in doing it? Since when do you have a low sex dri...   Read full

How can I conceive with polycystic ovaries?

I would suggest to consult a gynecologist and take proper following medication, once your doctor has examined you and have ruled out any other cause she may start you on Progesterone pill to support the pregnancy, Clomiphene citrate to help induce th...   Read full

My sperm count is zero. Can I go ahead with ICSI?

Due to that my sperm count was zero ... I took semen analysis test at two centers and it shows sperm production has started ... As the count...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

JAK Inhibitors in Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis
Doctors mainly suggest JAK or Janus kinase inhibitors for patients with rheumatoid arthritis to ease their symptoms. Rea...  Read more»
Importance of Sex Hormones - Types, Functions, Normal Ranges, and Roles
Sex hormones are steroids produced in the body that control sexual development, pregnancy, and overall health. Read belo...  Read more»
Fallopian Tubes - Anatomy, Function, and Diseases Affecting It
Fallopian tubes are important structures of the female reproductive tract. This article discusses the same below.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.