Q. Can my smaller testicles get cured with HCG 5000?

Dr. Shahil Khant
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 06, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 10, 2018

I am 33 years old. My testicles are the size of a grape and I experience low sex drive, and less sperm count. I have used some testosterone when I was about 16 years, the testes have never recovered since. I have been reading a lot and bought some HCG 5000 but I do not know how to use it, and I do not want to make things worse.

#

Basically, because of exogenous testosterone, your body has stopped production of testosterone from testis resulting in testicular atrophy and hypogonadism. Do you have children? Are you married? I would like you to get a baseline hormonal assay which would help us for future reference.

1. Serum FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) and LH (luteinizing hormone).
  2. Free and total testosterone.
  3. Prolactin.
  4. Estradiol.
  5. Sex hormone binding globulin.
  6. PSA (prostate-specific antigen).

I will not prefer hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) and I would like to start you on Clomiphene citrate 25 mg every alternate day. Clomiphene is better than HCG. HCG can be given if there is no improvement with Clomiphene citrate. Exogenous steroids must be totally stopped. It will take time to recover and I will not give you 100 percent guarantee that your testis function will recover as there is severe atrophy. Recovery depends on the amount of testicular tissue left. But we will try our best.

For more information consult a urologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

I have a daughter who is 9 years old. I did not test my blood ever to see the testosterone count. What is Clomiphene citrate? Is that an injection? Do I need a prescription?

#

You should test for the hormonal assay to see the severity of hypogonadism and also to compare again when you are on treatment. Clomiphene is an oral drug that you need to take orally. Kindly visit your urologist, discuss the opinion and get appropriate treatment. Thanks.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|