Q. Why am I having white spots on my back, arms, and face?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

I have white little spots on my back, arms, face. They are lighter than my skin color. Also, a few white spots on my back and chest that are bigger in size, bumpy but empty inside and look like white bubbles. What those spots might be?

Do you have a question on Hypopigmentation or Itraconazole?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

MD GENERAL MEDICINE

If possible, send images for better diagnosis and treatment.

I have attached the pictures.

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

MD GENERAL MEDICINE

I have seen your images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like hypopigmented macula with an exanthematous rash. Acne etiology is most probably tinea versicolor. Kindly follow following instructions.

Tablet Itraconazole 400 mg only once stat, Canesten S cream for local applications twice for two weeks.

Also Read Answers From: Hypopigmentation Itraconazole

There are pink spots in my scrotum. Is it a jock itch?
Query: Hello doctor, I noticed for some time now that the skin in my groin area looks gray and when I looked close, I saw that my skin was peeling and there were a few pink spots. And my scrotum began to itch. I assumed it was a jock itch. So, two days ago, I purchased Lotrimin Ultra and applied it in my g...  Read Full >>
Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern is intertrigo secondary to candida yeast infection. It is not a contagious disease. I suggest you start using Sporanox (Itraconazole) 100 mg one capsule every day for 16 consecutive days. There are no food restrictions when you take this medicine but avoi...  Read Full

What is the skin patch on my lip that gets white and dries out?
Query: Hello doctor, I have had this patch of skin above my top lip for the past couple of weeks. It has not worsened or disappeared. It is white and dries out. I have been putting on ointments but nothing seems to improve it. It does not have bumps.  Read Full >>
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems like Pityriasis Alba which is patchy post inflammatory hypopigmentation, usually on the face, in those who have dry skin or are atopic. I suggest you use Tacrolimus 0.03 % ointment, twice daily. Rub it in. Do you use a moisturizer on your face? How do you wa...  Read Full

How can jock itch be treated?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old non-diabetic male. I am suffering from a jock itch and ringworm infection. I have been applying Quadriderm cream but I have not noticed any significant improvement. Rather, the itching has intensified. The inner thigh and anal area have turned brown. On ringworms, I ...  Read Full >>
Dr. Kakkar S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest you take an oral antifungal like Zimig 250 mg (Terbinafine) or Canditral (Itraconazole) 200 mg capsule once a day for four weeks. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss ...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now