Q. What medicine can help itching in the thighs and underarms?

Dr. Sandeep Golla

I am a 57-year-old male. My weight is 75 kg. I am not having BP problems or diabetes. I am suffering from itching near the thighs and underarm area since last two months. I have taken Terbinafine 250 mg once daily and Luliconazole cream for six weeks. Since the last two to three days, the itch has started again. Please advise.

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatology Venereology
#

Your concern may be intertrigo secondary to candidal yeast infection.

I suggest you stop using Terbinafine tablet and try Sporanox (Itraconazole) 100 mg capsule. Have it one daily for four weeks.

Do not change the brand.

Apply Onabet (Sertaconazole Topical) cream twice daily and Onabet powder (Sertaconazole Topical) immediately after applying the cream.

You need to have Teczine (Levocetirizine) 5 mg daily one after dinner.

You need to have twice bath if possible and avoid wet and sweat-inducing activities.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Is it Sporanox or Sporanox?

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatology Venereology
#

Yes, it is Sporanox (Itraconazole) 100 mg.

| 

Can I take Levocet M for itchy throat?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a problem of nose block and my ENT surgeon suggested me to go for a nose operation. As per doctor instruction, operation of my nose was carried out before three months. Now my nose is almost fine, but still I feel that something is there in my throat. I also feel itchy throat and e...  Read Full »

Does Itching Disturb Your Regular Activities?

Article Overview: This article discusses in detail the diagnosis and management of severe itching. Read Article

Nowadays itching is a major problem or symptom of most of the allergic, systemic or fungal diseases. 4 out of 10 people have had some type of itching problem of the skin in their routine life. Severe itch also disturbs regular activities of daily living of mankind. What is Itching? Itching is de...  Read Article

Can Terbinaforce Plus cream be used for ringworm infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having ring like patches all over the body for the past five months. I have itching all over the body including private parts and now it spreads to face as well. I had Griseofulvin tablets, Liv-Cet-5 twice daily and Terbinaforce Plus cream for the last 2 months. But, it did not cure...  Read Full »